Author Topic: FightLite HERRING Model 2024 Modern Lever Action Rifle  (Read 1799 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1112
Re: FightLite HERRING Model 2024 Modern Lever Action Rifle
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2023, 03:47:42 PM »
The Monolithic Integral Suppressed Barrel (MISB) AR upper, from SWS Rifles is $,1600 Instead of an SBR and can with two tax stamps, you only have to pay for one. 300 BLK: 127 dBs Subs, 134 dBs Supers. 5.56 MM: 133 dBs. 8″ baffling / 8.5″ effective rifling / 16.5″ OAL. .223 Wylde: 6″ baffling / 10.5″ effective rifling / 16.5″ OAL. Complete upper weighs 4.5 lbs, and there's no chance of baffle strikes. And you can swap it out with a CMMG 22 LR Upper for $1290, etc. Let's see you do  that with granpappy's  Winchester '94.

https://www.swsrifles.com/ar-15-ar-10-semi-autos/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2023, 04:27:41 PM »
Or I can just have all of these things in an AR and not have to worry about a lever.
If I need a lever gun, I'll buy that.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2023, 07:25:47 PM »
Or I can just have all of these things in an AR and not have to worry about a lever.
If I need a lever gun, I'll buy that.

Not everyone can own an AR. This gives them an alternative. Plus, if you put a suppressor on an AR it's going to be louder than a lever gun and blow lots of gas in your face. It may not be for me, but I see a definite place in the market for it. You could put the dual-feed upper on it and have a 200-round belt-fed lever action. ;D That would be a nice F. you to the government in a state like Commiefornia, if links for a belt aren't a banned item.

P.S. This gun should come in a RED finish. Then people would be talking about a Red Herring.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2023, 11:50:47 AM »
Yeah, the gas is an issue for AR's and suppressors.  One of my boys just got a piston gun to avoid that the gas blowback and it's on my future list. 

I like the Sig MCX...
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2023, 10:17:41 AM »
Not everyone can own an AR. This gives them an alternative.

Yes. I understand that is the reason for 'gap filling' guns like this to fill as yet un-closed loopholes in places like commie-fornia...........but, but...what happens when they close the loophole as they are prone to do? Then you have another type gun you can't own.

What I meant in my original sarcasm-laden comment was this is a band-aid solution.

It's a money grab alternative by gun makers to capitalize on crappy gun laws in crappy states.....and it could also vanish like a fart in the wind if leftist lawmakers think about it too hard.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:12:28 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2023, 01:43:30 AM »
Yes. I understand that is the reason for 'gap filling' guns like this to fill as yet un-closed loopholes in places like commie-fornia...........but, but...what happens when they close the loophole as they are prone to do? Then you have another type gun you can't own.

What I meant in my original sarcasm-laden comment was this is a band-aid solution.

It's a money grab alternative by gun makers to capitalize on crappy gun laws in crappy states.....and it could also vanish like a fart in the wind if leftist lawmakers think about it too hard.

I agree with most of that. But still think it's nice to have an alternative to "tactical bolt actions" with detachable AR mags of whatever capacity you want to put in them. Even without gas from an AR blowing in your face, no semi-auto is as quiet as a closed breech gun when it's suppressed. That's one reason the CIA had some Ruger .22 pistols with bolt locks on them. BTW, you can buy a modern version of a Ruger .22 bolt lock for $550 for a Mark I, II, II, or IV. No one has to agree with me about the Herring, but I believe it has a purpose, besides being a way to skate around a loophole, which it seems to do quite well.

https://www.tbasuppressors.com/TBA-MKI-MKII-MKIII-Bolt-Lock_p_38.html

What makes this product unique is that it does not require any modification to the receiver of the gun. It is built in to the rear of the bolt and does not affect the normal function of the gun in the unlocked position. A spring-loaded plunger insures that the bolt lock device does not rotate and guarantees flawless reliability. When maximum suppression is required you can effortlessly turn the device counter clockwise into the locked position and the gun will not cycle. Once you are ready to chamber an additional cartridge, simply rotate it to its original position and you are ready to continue in normal semi-automatic operation.  THIS MUST BE INSTALLED BY TBA WE WILL NOT SEND THE ASSEMBLY WITHOUT BEING INSTALLED.  This service is a modification of your existing bolt.  THIS DOES NOT COME WITH A BOLT.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2023, 08:41:30 AM »
Oh.  Oh.  Oh.  I got to put a lock on mine, but I want something a bit cheaper.  A lot cheaper.  Now that I have my trapping permit, and I’m required to use a .22lr, it’d be ideal for keeping the noise down along with the can.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2023, 04:57:45 AM »
Oh.  Oh.  Oh.  I got to put a lock on mine, but I want something a bit cheaper.  A lot cheaper.  Now that I have my trapping permit, and I’m required to use a .22lr, it’d be ideal for keeping the noise down along with the can.

Just wrap a big rubber band around the frontstrap and bolt.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk