Author Topic: Looks like Kahr has an answer to the P3AT and the LCP  (Read 16560 times)

Jkwas

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Jkwas
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Looks like Kahr has an answer to the P3AT and the LCP
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2008, 02:02:03 PM »
   The P3AT is a snappy little gun but shoots better than it looks.  I can manage about 30rnds before my hand

Starts to look like I was smacking it with a ball-peen hammer.   For no fuss CCW I feel everyone should have one.

Along with a Ruger  P89 and a Smith & Wesson  K-frame   ;D    Just to round things out don't ya know!

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2008, 02:08:02 PM »
I feel your pain Jay.   >:(
MD isn't much better in the carry regard.  I can get a non-resident permit from VA and FL which is valid in all the states around me (except yours, NJ, and DC where you actually NEED it) but not the one I live in.  I have the paperwork in but I'm not going to hold my breath.  I was done with the paperwork in CA and it was approved but I moved here before I was approved.  A glimmer of hope is that I was Navy law enforcement and currently an anti-terrorism/firearms instructor but its slim.  I keep looking at smallish pistols just in case  ;)  (Kahr P9/45, Para Carry 9/45, G26/36, KelTec P11/PF9 or M&P9C: 40 is a little TOO snappy in something that small)
It's rumored to be impossible to carry in NJ. Police Chief has to sign off, and I think that wouldn't be a problem, but then you have to demonstrate : "1. In the case of a private citizen shall specify in detail the urgent necessity for self-protection, as evidenced by specific
threats or previous attacks which demonstrate a special danger to the applicant's life that cannot be avoided by means
other than by issuance of a permit to carry a handgun. Where possible the applicant shall corroborate the existence of
any specific threats or previous attacks by reference to reports of such incidents to the appropriate law enforcement
agencies;"

The application then goes before a judge. I have been told that a judge was heard to comment, "Then hire a bodyguard".
So you've got to be under attack by zombies or trolls, and then they tell you to hire muscle who somehow magically CAN carry while you can't.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2008, 07:16:35 PM »
I do.  Robert Loggia, for the win!

Eric - the only time you're outgunned against an opponent is IF YOU MISS.

Badmouthing mousegun calibers is all well and good, but the people interested in defending themselves will just be training that much harder to NOT MISS.

And T.H.E. stood for.....??
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Dougdubya

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2008, 01:42:51 AM »
And T.H.E. stood for.....??

Thomas Hewlett Edward.

Professional thief, tightrope walker, and general American version of Simon Templar, giving up cat burglary to aid those who no one else could help. 

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2008, 07:17:17 AM »
Thomas Hewlett Edward.

Professional thief, tightrope walker, and general American version of Simon Templar, giving up cat burglary to aid those who no one else could help. 

WOW!  You and I are old farts! ;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 03:14:44 AM »

Dharmaeye

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 08:06:48 AM »
Pack a Kahr P9. Takes a lot rounds to reach reliability but its sure lighter than a Glock.
The all stainless Kahrs (mine anyways) have butter smooth trigger action.
Seem to remember that Kahr machines the NAA .380 or was it the another?
Bottom line - Made in USA. :)

mnshooter

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 09:00:44 AM »
JB carried the PPK in .32 auto, never in .380.   I guess Q really did believe in shot placement.

Dougdubya

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 02:29:23 PM »
WOW!  You and I are old farts! ;D

Helps that I had a friend spur my interest.  He's the old fart.  I'm still clinging to life under 40.  :p

Rapid1

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2008, 10:43:09 PM »
I am anxiously awaiting the release of the Kahr P380.  my EDC is a P9, and I love it.  I tried a PM9 in my pocket but it is still too large, for my pockets anyway.  a good friend carries the Kel Tec and likes it fine, but I would gladly spend the extra few bucks for the Kahr.  I prefer a 9mm or larger but I am not a very big guy and a pocket gun would simply be with me more of the time.

My P9 has never missed a beat since new (1000 rds ago) and for some reason, it is a much easier gun to shoot than it's size and weight indicate.  I carry it full of Corbon 115gr +P and shooting a couple hundred rounds of standard 115gr ball is a piece of cake.  my son bought a new H&K USPc today and while breaking it in a bit at the range, we both thought my Kahr was more pleasant to shoot.  figure that one out...we can't.

the last .380 I owned was a PPK/S but I never enjoyed shooting it and sold it.  I am not sure what the deal is, but if the little P380 shoots as nice compared to the Kel Tec or the PPK/S, I will be a happy camper...err, shooter.

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2008, 11:00:35 PM »
Pack a Kahr P9. Takes a lot rounds to reach reliability but its sure lighter than a Glock.
The all stainless Kahrs (mine anyways) have butter smooth trigger action.
Seem to remember that Kahr machines the NAA .380 or was it the another?
Bottom line - Made in USA. :)

The Kahr I want is a PM45. (I'm Biased to the .45 ACP. Bet Y'all are REAL SHOCKED to hear that one....) I handled a couple of the all stainless Kahrs, and I gotta say, when you run out of ammo, all you need to do is drop it on the attacker's head! ;D They're heavy!
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk