Author Topic: Looks like Kahr has an answer to the P3AT and the LCP  (Read 16561 times)

NRA 4 Life

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Looks like Kahr has an answer to the P3AT and the LCP
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 01:41:53 PM »
I want one!

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 02:29:10 PM »
Being in NJ I can't carry, but if I could, I would want the piece to be big enough that I REMEMBER I've got it with me. These teensy guns could be forgotten in a coat pocket or whatever, and I just think that if you've got something with you that's a little uncomfortable I would think you will stay more aware and ultimately more safe. But then, not being able to carry, it's all theory.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 03:13:33 PM »
Comparing the Kahr .380 to their 9mm is interesting and makes me want to skip over the .380 for the 9mm - JMHO.  I'm sure they will sell a lot of them but it seems a bit pricy even for Kahr quality.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Galeth005

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 04:44:48 PM »
i really havent heard much about karr, nor have i ever fired one, so ruger karr or kel-tech doesnt matter to me... price and reliability are my 2 concnerns and kel and ruger seem to be relaibale as far as i can tell
Don't let their IGNORANCE take away YOUR rights!!!

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 07:18:23 PM »
Yes, but as far as I am concerned, .380 is a worthless caliber. Yes, its better then a knife but it still leaves you out gunned against most all other calibers that you might encounter and it severely limits your options in the fight. I would rather them be duking it out with a more viable self defense caliber as the center piece (i.e. 9mm and larger).

James Bond loved his .380,... ;D

And so do I. Shot placement with practice counts for alot. That's why I practice, practice,etc,...
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:10:10 PM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 07:20:41 PM »
The name's Cat, Hazcat. ;D

Any one remember T.H.E. Cat?
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Jkwas

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Jkwas
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 10:31:36 AM »
Being in NJ I can't carry, but if I could, I would want the piece to be big enough that I REMEMBER I've got it with me. These teensy guns could be forgotten in a coat pocket or whatever, and I just think that if you've got something with you that's a little uncomfortable I would think you will stay more aware and ultimately more safe. But then, not being able to carry, it's all theory.

In theory, yes, but in practice it's like carrying an extra wallet. Don't forget it's in a holster.  You don't forget about it and for me down here in sunny Florida, it's ideal.    Heck, it's ideal anywhere in an urban environment.

Dougdubya

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 11:06:47 AM »
The name's Cat, Hazcat. ;D

Any one remember T.H.E. Cat?

I do.  Robert Loggia, for the win!

Eric - the only time you're outgunned against an opponent is IF YOU MISS.

Badmouthing mousegun calibers is all well and good, but the people interested in defending themselves will just be training that much harder to NOT MISS.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 01:07:37 PM »
   In theory, yes, but in practice it's like carrying an extra wallet. Don't forget it's in a holster.  You don't forget about it and for me down here in sunny Florida, it's ideal.    Heck, it's ideal anywhere in an urban environment.
Like I said, all theory on my part. Maybe my problem wouldn't stem from the small caliber gun, but from the lousy memory.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 01:33:37 PM »
I feel your pain Jay.   >:(
MD isn't much better in the carry regard.  I can get a non-resident permit from VA and FL which is valid in all the states around me (except yours, NJ, and DC where you actually NEED it) but not the one I live in.  I have the paperwork in but I'm not going to hold my breath.  I was done with the paperwork in CA and it was approved but I moved here before I was approved.  A glimmer of hope is that I was Navy law enforcement and currently an anti-terrorism/firearms instructor but its slim.  I keep looking at smallish pistols just in case  ;)  (Kahr P9/45, Para Carry 9/45, G26/36, KelTec P11/PF9 or M&P9C: 40 is a little TOO snappy in something that small)
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk