Author Topic: Ghost gunner 3  (Read 1173 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Ghost gunner 3
« on: July 15, 2020, 10:14:16 PM »

Oh yeah the lady dancing is the ceo.   Not out yet, $2100. Ships jan 2021.   I have to admit i am interested, but not $2100 interested. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

Re: Ghost gunner 3
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 08:57:39 AM »
  Only thing is , and I'm not sure how much of a problem it is, no other CNC program is compatible because all other modern machines move the tool, not the part.
As for the CEO, WOW, she's a cutie.    ;D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 11:00:36 AM »
Most g code is one machine anyways. 

I looked into what it takes to produce a ar lower on a mill a few years back.   I thought it would be cool to start with a raw forging and end with a finished lower. Most people use a 3 op with the last one being 4 axis.  The other options are a 2 op with a 5th  axis or a 7 or 8 op with 3 axis.   The mag well is also broached  by high volume manufactors, i hate to think what that broach cost to be made.

When i was shopping mills a haas vf2 with a probe, hrt210( 4th axis table)  3 kurt vises. Was just under 75k.   Add in the tooling, cam software and it was an easy 120k ar15 lower.  Needless to say that pretty much stopped my research into it. 

Timothy

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 11:42:34 AM »
Some “G” code is controlled by ANSI standard, then some for random specific machine configuration and “M” codes are machine specific!

Or so says my Machinist Handbook...

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 01:55:33 PM »
Programed for a Robo Drill CNC  using standard G code.

https://www.cncguns.com/

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:29:53 AM »

Timothy

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 02:02:33 PM »
Cincinnati Laser, Trumpf, Amanda, Strippit LVD, Prima and various 2D water jets, plasma tables, etc..,

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 02:53:38 PM »
 Paloma Heindorff, just in case you wanted to research her more

Hard to find any info on her.  So its hard to say how qualifed she is.  No disrespect  to her, but my exp with ceos is there are 4 kinds.

1 know thier shit and are on top of everything/ started rhe company. 
2 the bought enough stick to be voted  as ceo/ some one else did
3 good ol boy network/ slept thier way there
4 figure head.

2 and 3 make up about 75%  4 is maybe 20% and the 1st is maybe 5%

Honestly she could be any of the 4 or all of them.

The sad reality is most high powered excutives i have met are not even worth the price of thier tie, let alone thier suit.  The ones that have been, very few of them know anything other than what they do.  Whats really scary is most don't even know how to balance thier own check book, let alone the compaines.   

I have delt with many silcone valley people that are idiots, retail giants, huge engineering/ construction firms, hospitals... half of them would not even know who to call to change a flat, let alone fix it.

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 05:04:25 PM »
The Peter Principle.
A place I used to work hired a Press brake operator, he was truly useless, couldn't even set up his own machine.
They didn't want to fire him so they made him 2nd shift supervisor and it caused my production to drop 50% because he kept coming over with rush crap that he needed that minute.
I bitched to the plant manager, that was when he told me they "didn't have any where else to dump him, do the best I can."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk