Author Topic: One of my biggest pet pives  (Read 5401 times)

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: One of my biggest pet pives
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2020, 08:07:20 AM »
They can, and are. Every time I see something that causes me to say to myself, "People could not possibly get any dumber".... I am proven wrong.

Worse yet, some folks out there take that as a challenge! Remember the whole "eating Tide Pods" trend??

And, since we're apparently providing our transcripts . . . .

A-/B+ student in HS, finished in the top 10 though (144 kids in the class), almost flunked out of college after 2 years of pre-med, moved into archeology and aced everything. Spent 2 years in grad school which is one of the major reasons I dislike academia so much.

For our college reunion this year - virtual, kind of, they did a memory book where members of the graduating class could post about themselves and memories of their time on campus. Most of them related the protests, marches, activist, anti-war crap of the time. I posted about the memorable faculty who actually taught me something, usually something other than the curriculum.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2020, 11:01:36 AM »
I had to repeat the school of hard knocks many times.

While i never have had to file bankruptcy.  4 times in my life i habe been over a million dollars in debt.  3 by choice
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2020, 02:02:13 PM »
Just filled up the new to me truck.  Took 46 and change gallons to do both tanks.  $104...

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2020, 11:23:27 PM »
Went 250 miles on the rear tank, got 15.08 mpg and i had 2000# in the bed for 78 of those miles.   Mostly back country  roads at 45-55 mph but thats not bad for an old truck with a .410 rear end.

I have no complaints.  I offically  added it to my insurance policy.  It costs me $78.14.  a year.  2 mil 5 mil un insurred at the same and comp at $250 deductible( $1000 only saved me $.18 a month)

Tires will be here next week.  Rack is 5 weeks out, but thats ok.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk