Author Topic: Vices  (Read 7645 times)

Timothy

Re: Vices
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2018, 05:52:34 PM »
You guys do know Shelby tricked a 2.2L Fiesta that would out run his 350 Mustang.  Of course, the Fiesta was a lot lighter car.

Yea, I have some recollection of that!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2018, 06:48:04 PM »
You guys do know Shelby tricked a 2.2L Fiesta that would out run his 350 Mustang.  Of course, the Fiesta was a lot lighter car.

If the Mustang was stock, it's not a real surprise.

Unless the stock car is a big bucks issue, a tricked out anything will have an edge...
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2018, 06:49:26 PM »
There are guys on the Magnum (Dodge) Forum that are running 1000+ horsepower in the 6.1 liter Hemi's with just a supercharger or Twin Turbos, no NOS. They have said that it would get scary with NOS.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2018, 06:54:13 PM »
Modern engines make power we could only dream about 20 years ago.   It use to be if you were making 1 hp/1ftlp per cubic inch you were doing good.  10 years go it was 1.25.   Now it's 1.4.  You can buy a 490 hp  small. Lock Ford with everything but fuel and oil for less then 5k.   10 years ago that would be been 25k, 20 here it would be been race only.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2018, 11:15:31 PM »
I remember when 1 HP per C.I. was considered good but now some engines are coming real close to 2 HP per C.I. They keep getting more power out of smaller engines.

I never thought I would get anything smaller than a V-8 in a full-size 4x4 truck but it makes a lot more sense now than it did before. My 2001 Silverado has a 4.8 liter V-8 that only has 270 HP but I've always been happy with the performance. Now they have a 4.3L V6 with 285 horsepower and 305 lb.-ft. of torque.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 04:46:17 PM »

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2018, 06:09:41 AM »
horse power to keep RPM up helps too... used to race a 153 cu in Chevy II (4 cylinder)...Lunati profile cam, TRW pistons, 409 truck flywheel, wide ratio 3 speed, 4.56 gears with a 26" tall tire...if you bogged it you were screwed, but if not your competition had better have something that would mile per hour at the lights... we got away with staging sideways for a couple of years before they outlawed the procedure (better roll on the lights)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2018, 07:53:36 AM »
Because I am an American  man?
Well yeah but from your years of posts it always seems you like to apply the brute force option first!

On the cars business you guys drifted too I remember the suckey 70's too well...I had a Mustang II with the little 6 cylinder.  Cry me a river the thing sucked bad.  A couple of my boys have 2017 Mustangs with the Coyote 8 cylinder and they  lope around with 435+/- HP and the 2018 should come in around 455 HP.  This boggles my little mind as I throw back to the 70's.  Also...the dang things stick to the road so much better now after they ditched the solid rear axle.  If I could lose 50 pounds I might really want one....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2018, 07:59:09 AM »
Wow, has this thread done some drifting.

We still haven't touched on knives or barbecue recipes, or re-loading.  That shouldn't surprise me, but it does.

Crusader Rabbit :) ;)
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Timothy

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2018, 08:00:55 AM »
That’s gonna happen when ya misspell the thread title...

Once upon a time goin fast was a vice!

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2018, 08:30:49 AM »
Uncle CC's Bar-B-Que Sauce

1 Cup Vinegar
3 Cups Catsup
1 Tablespoon Salt
1/2 cup Liquid Smoke
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Paprika
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Red Pepper
Simmer over low heat until desired thickness
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk