Author Topic: Bob Munden  (Read 10250 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
Bob Munden
« on: December 11, 2012, 02:10:19 PM »
I know he wasn't a member here, but Bob was a top notch entertainer and advocate for our sports and rights.

Bob Munden died Monday evening, December 10, 2012.  Becky was with him at the time.

Last year during an interview when he thought he wasn't being taped or on the record he spoke of his kidney issues and needing a transplant.  He publicly stated later that he had not intended that to be public, but chose to not have it removed.

I will miss his showmanship and sense of humor - mostly making fun of his own ego and humility.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

BAC

Re: Bob Munden
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 02:28:04 PM »
So sad.

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 02:58:16 PM »
Sad indeed!

RIP Mr. Munden, it was a pleasure watching you shoot!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 03:29:38 PM »
A legend.   Likely one of the fastest draws to clear leather.

Skip to 5:15 to start the scientific measurement, but all of it is good.   Two shots from a single action revolver that sound like one bang.  Had to watch in slow motion to convince myself it was two.

Amazing man.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 03:49:26 PM »
I regret I'll not have the opportunity to meet him in person.

To anyone with connections to the family, please pass on my sincerest condolences.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:50:32 PM »

DanPatWork

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 04:12:06 PM »
Sad day. Another good one gone.
"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 04:36:41 PM »
He will be missed by all of the shooting fraternity.  Truly amazing shooter.  Damn I hate to hear this.  I really admired Bob.  There did not seem to be any shot he couldn't make.  I think my favorite shot he ever did was hit a baloon at 200 yards with a mini revolver! 
Life Member of the NRA

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 04:57:36 PM »
Kidney disease SUCKS. 
There are typically 17k transplants a year in the US.  Unfortunately the list is closer to 50k and growing while the number of donors is constant. To many dialysis patients die waiting on the list.
Please consider a donation to the Kidney Foundation, I'd be very greatful.

Mr Munden always appeared to truly enjoy what he was doing and treated whoever he was with as a close personal friend.  Great loss to us all.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

icemanii

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 06:25:57 PM »
Thoughts and prayers to his family.

Enjoyed watching him shoot. He will be missed.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 10:35:55 PM »
Kidney disease SUCKS. 
There are typically 17k transplants a year in the US.  Unfortunately the list is closer to 50k and growing while the number of donors is constant. To many dialysis patients die waiting on the list.
Please consider a donation to the Kidney Foundation, I'd be very greatful.

Mr Munden always appeared to truly enjoy what he was doing and treated whoever he was with as a close personal friend.  Great loss to us all.

My first thoughts were that kidney disease had gotten him.  There are two issues with this condition:  1.  The fluid build up taxes the lungs and heart; 2.  Many patients suffer heart attacks during dialysis.  I filed many a death certificate that showed the cause of death as a myocardial infarction due to anoxia with chronic or acute kidney failure or insufficiency as a contributing factor.  Doctors warn dialysis patients that heart attack is a common complication.**  Knowing he had failing kidneys and the little they released it makes me wonder.

Regardless of the cause, I enjoyed him!  He came across as being genuine, you could see the love and friendship between Becky and Bob, and I never heard anyone rip him.  I will miss his appearances, and am truly sorry I didn't make an effort to see him in person.

**Keep in mind that I do not know how progressed his kidney disease was or if he was or wasn't receiving dialysis.  Bob had health issues, and my investigative mind is just working out loud.  However, if you know someone with kidney disease this is something to keep in mind.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk