Author Topic: I CAN'T STOP YELLING AT MY TV!!! PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!!  (Read 15609 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 884
Re: I CAN'T STOP YELLING AT MY TV!!! PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!!
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 06:42:10 AM »
FQ -

There is a time and a place for call a spade a spade, and with the list of out right lies spewed last night Mr. Wilson did the right thing in shouting liar.  True it was unprofessional and out of charactor, but the President was not being truthful with us.  It has been talked about since before this debate started that we need to cover illegals.  Under the D plan illegals will be covered, whether directly in this bill or the fringe.

Second, it is time that someone calls the health care industry on their raping of us and our wallets.  We didn't stand for what oil did, and that is nothing compared to health care in terms of percentages and time.  Yes there are the underpaid, but there are also the over paid, and the dead wood.  Then lets look at the level of administration that is nothing but a dollar drain to document and file paperwork to satisfy government. 

Rant off temporarily ... I'm late of a meeting and FQ has my blood pressure up ... Maybe TAB will chime in later to make it even better.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 07:09:46 AM »
Just having to look over his left shoulder and see the craggy old bitch of a Speaker, Bella Pelosi is enough to just turn the channel!

Know your target and what is behind it. ;D
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 07:12:01 AM »
Right on the money, M58. The disrespect Wilson showed to bho pales in comparison to the disrespect and utter disregard bho showed the American people in this speech - and in his conduct so far this year. It is one thing to spin a story, put a different slant on it to distract. In this speech, bho blatantly lied - no new deficits my ass!

But the left always lies - and not just the politicians, their whole MO is to hide their true intentions and appear "normal" while striving at all costs - any costs - to achieve their goals. This is the fundamental reason that leftists must be stopped the moment the raise their nasty abusive heads - they seek to destroy who and what this country is all the while appearing to support it. They cannot be trusted - ever. And now they are running - and ruining - this country.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 07:12:14 AM »
FQ -

There is a time and a place for call a spade a spade, and with the list of out right lies spewed last night Mr. Wilson did the right thing in shouting liar.  True it was unprofessional and out of charactor, but the President was not being truthful with us.  It has been talked about since before this debate started that we need to cover illegals.  Under the D plan illegals will be covered, whether directly in this bill or the fringe.

Second, it is time that someone calls the health care industry on their raping of us and our wallets.  We didn't stand for what oil did, and that is nothing compared to health care in terms of percentages and time.  Yes there are the underpaid, but there are also the over paid, and the dead wood.  Then lets look at the level of administration that is nothing but a dollar drain to document and file paperwork to satisfy government. 

Rant off temporarily ... I'm late of a meeting and FQ has my blood pressure up ... Maybe TAB will chime in later to make it even better.
Look M58, Two issues
1 Doctor and nurse compensaton. Lets save that for another thread on health care costs. Its too complex an issue to get into here.
2 Protocol and civility. There are reasons we have these rules. They require us to behave civilly to one another even when we don't want to. By doing this, we are forced to restrain our passions and listen to reason. Perhaps reason will cause us to rethink our position. Or, it might reinforce it. What is true is that adherence to basic good manners can only be sustained if all parties agree to enforce it. Its what differentiates a legislative body from a mob, or a football game from a brawl. Everyone wins when protocol is enforced and everyone loses when it isn't. One question M58, if a Democrat had screamed Liar at W, would you have said he was just calling a spade a spade? I somehow suspect not. I suspect that there might have been a bit of righteous outrage on your part. You would have been correct in that response. The key to maintaining civlity is ensuring that its righteous, not self-righteous, outrage. It would have been wrong for Pelosi to do it to W, and its wrong for Wilson to do it to BO. Civilty depends on puting the rules ahead of pasion. Otherwise we have shouting matches rather than debates and anarchy follows closely after.
FQ13  

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 07:14:01 AM »

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 07:07:51 PM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 07:14:51 AM »
Know your target and what is behind it. ;D

LOL!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 07:18:23 AM »
Re: "Liar!"

“If you misrepresent what’s in the plan, we will call you out.”

-bHo

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2009, 07:26:14 AM »
Look M58, Two issues
1 Doctor and nurse compensaton. Lets save that for another thread on health care costs. Its too complex an issue to get into here.
2 Protocol and civility. There are reasons we have these rules. They require us to behave civilly to one another even when we don't want to. By doing this, we are forced to restrain our passions and listen to reason. Perhaps reason will cause us to rethink our position. Or, it might reinforce it. What is true is that adherence to basic good manners can only be sustained if all parties agree to enforce it. Its what differentiates a legislative body from a mob, or a football game from a brawl. Everyone wins when protocol is enforced and everyone loses when it isn't. One question M58, if a Democrat had screamed Liar at W, would you have said he was just calling a spade a spade? I somehow suspect not. I suspect that there might have been a bit of righteous outrage on your part. You would have been correct in that response. The key to maintaining civlity is ensuring that its righteous, not self-righteous, outrage. It would have been wrong for Pelosi to do it to W, and its wrong for Wilson to do it to BO. Civilty depends on puting the rules ahead of pasion. Otherwise we have shouting matches rather than debates and anarchy follows closely after.
FQ13  

Reason? From bho? ? ?

Drongo!!!!

Pathfinder, who wonders if FQ figures out who I was calling drongo, him or bho?

PS: I'm with MB here - no more Mr. Nice Guy, the gloves are off, and as far as I'm concerned the knives (guns) are out (open carry) to make a point. If bho lies, we call him a liar! Period!! Like the gays, we either get the changes we want or we will make life miserable for those who would oppress us and deny us our rights. Period!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 582
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2009, 08:24:32 AM »
Civility worked really well with Hitler.

I'm sure it will work with BHO ilk too. 

Lemmings march in packs, you know.  Might come a day not too far away the masses will want a Mr. Wilson.....and you won't be able to find one like him anywhere.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2009, 08:46:37 AM »
Civility worked really well with Hitler.

I'm sure it will work with BHO ilk too. 

Lemmings march in packs, you know.  Might come a day not too far away the masses will want a Mr. Wilson.....and you won't be able to find one like him anywhere.
Rastus
Grow up. If I'd called Cheney Hitler, and given ten reasons why, you still would have called me on it, and justifiably so. Can we please be rational here? You don't like the guy, I get that. I'm not so hot on him now myself. That doesn't mean that we get to part company with reality. Words have meaning. Try to use them carefully. BO maybe the next Jimmy Carter, but Hitler he ain't, and you know it. The problem here is that you want to throw the baby out with the bath water. We still have not gotten to the point where we have political enemies, just opponents. As long as the rules are enforced and civility maintained it will stay that way. I would say the same thing to the lefties on the Huffington Post as well. We have been through far worse than this. It may be annoying, but the world still turns Rastus. Its when people think it won't, that the very survival of the nation rests in their hands and theirs alone, and screw the rules because the ends justify the means, that we have problems. I would refer you to the late 1850s for reference. Chill out my brother, and remember that he who troubleth his own house shall inheirt the wind.
FQ13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk