Author Topic: If the poop hits the fan what will you carry?  (Read 47793 times)

Badgersmilk

Re: If the poop hits the fan what will you carry?
« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2009, 11:38:50 AM »
I'm waiting for the Microsoft AR that comes WIFI ready!  You just download upgrades you want any time you like! ;D

I wouldnt guess they'll be any more reliable though... :(

Badgersmilk

« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2009, 11:47:41 AM »
So after all the discussion. 

Anybody at least considering putting together a drag bag?  Or thinking out and discussing detailed plans with the spouse on what they're options may be and how to excecute them in a "family safe" manner???  If your at work and wifey poo is home, or gets there before you, it would be good for her to not just be standing there watching the tv thinking.  "Holy crap!"

Be it a:
Flood
Earth quake
Tornado
Plane crash
Terrorist attack
Nuclear accident
Godzilla
What ever.  Its good to have a plan in place!  What if your cell phones not working? (LIKELY to be the case!)

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2009, 12:27:14 PM »
So after all the discussion. 

Anybody at least considering putting together a drag bag?  Or thinking out and discussing detailed plans with the spouse on what they're options may be and how to excecute them in a "family safe" manner???  If your at work and wifey poo is home, or gets there before you, it would be good for her to not just be standing there watching the tv thinking.  "Holy crap!"

Be it a:
Flood
Earth quake
Tornado
Plane crash
Terrorist attack
Nuclear accident
Godzilla
What ever.  Its good to have a plan in place!  What if your cell phones not working? (LIKELY to be the case!)

Actually yes. My wife and I have looked at several situations, and have developed and continue to develop plans to deal with several plights. Including plans to stay, or leave, how to get reunited, and other things. The way we got started was taking the information that the government produces and then doing the following:

If the government says three days, figure at least three weeks.

Remember that all the duct tape and plastic in the world does you now good if you suffocate yourself. Forget about putting plastic on the doors and windows and get respirators.

Keep a little cash on hand, but don't go overboard. In a real emergency cash will probably not get you as much as gold/silver coins, jewelry or other precious commodities. Besides, there won't be anything left to buy after the initial panic and looting.

Finally, If you got it, chances are good someone without your foresight is going to want it. So if you plan to keep it you better be able to defend it.

BTW Badger, is it just me or does the ketchup bottle look like it's licking the hotdog?? :-\
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Badgersmilk

« Reply #144 on: April 13, 2009, 01:14:54 PM »
"is it just me or does the ketchup bottle look like it's licking the hotdog?? "  Sorta DOES protray an image doesnt it? ;D ;D ;D

JC, Stinks your in Wyoming.  Our state needs more people with your brains!!!  MI  :(

The "big plan" most come up with is to buy a nice little cabin up state away from anything else and stock it to the gills.  Sounds good in theory.  Some even go so far as to plant crops, keep livestock, the the whole nine yards.

Hmm.  Thats one plan.  Many will be thankfull for those people in more ways than they may be considering.

Sponsor

« Reply #145 on: Today at 03:13:45 AM »

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #145 on: April 13, 2009, 01:58:31 PM »
"is it just me or does the ketchup bottle look like it's licking the hotdog?? "  Sorta DOES protray an image doesnt it? ;D ;D ;D

JC, Stinks your in Wyoming.  Our state needs more people with your brains!!!  MI  :(

The "big plan" most come up with is to buy a nice little cabin up state away from anything else and stock it to the gills.  Sounds good in theory.  Some even go so far as to plant crops, keep livestock, the the whole nine yards.

Hmm.  Thats one plan.  Many will be thankfull for those people in more ways than they may be considering.

Appreciate the sentiment! :) Sorry to disappoint, but I think I'll stay put for now. One thing though, we have the room for people like you, not to mention the jobs. Thankfully most of us here are still looking around and asking "What recession?". Of course, for how much longer is anyones guess. We have defiantly slowed down, but for what I've heard, it's pretty much dead in a lot of places.
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #146 on: April 13, 2009, 06:42:47 PM »
We have an Internet radio that picks up channels from all over the world, today while listening to London and Austrailian news radio all they talked about was how the Fiji islands are in total political collaps right now.  Martial law for everyone, everything we've talked about here is actually happening there as you read this...  So why cant I find anything on OUR US news about it???

Our government and press hard at work growing their little "mushrooms" I guess.  (keeping us in the dark and fed full of Sh$#)

UK news:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7996581.stm

Maybe "Octo-mom" stories are more important though. ::)

tombogan03884

« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2009, 08:42:00 PM »
We have an Internet radio that picks up channels from all over the world, today while listening to London and Austrailian news radio all they talked about was how the Fiji islands are in total political collaps right now.  Martial law for everyone, everything we've talked about here is actually happening there as you read this...  So why cant I find anything on OUR US news about it???

Our government and press hard at work growing their little "mushrooms" I guess.  (keeping us in the dark and fed full of Sh$#)

UK news:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7996581.stm

Maybe "Octo-mom" stories are more important though. ::)

Because anything in Fiji that doesn't shake it's grass skirted ass no one gives a crap about.
Their 3 main sources of income are tourism, Supplying troops to the UN and International charity.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2009, 11:07:43 AM »
With weather that nice who wants to sit in an office all day?!?   ;D

Were I one of the CEO's that just walked away with a few hundred billion of our tax dollars I believe I'd be all over buying out the Fiji government for my own.  Not a bad place to live.  And "It's good to be King!" ;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2009, 12:12:39 PM »
With weather that nice who wants to sit in an office all day?!?   ;D

Were I one of the CEO's that just walked away with a few hundred billion of our tax dollars I believe I'd be all over buying out the Fiji government for my own.  Not a bad place to live.  And "It's good to be King!" ;D

Really ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_XVI_of_France#Arrest_and_execution.2C_1792-1793
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_I_of_England#Execution
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_II_of_Russia#Final_Months_and_Execution
;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk