Author Topic: Ruger Rimfire Shooting Competitions  (Read 24506 times)

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
Ruger Rimfire Shooting Competitions
« on: July 31, 2009, 12:02:01 PM »

Ruger Rimfire Shooting Competitions

DRTV has decided to promote this new sport and is now in the middle of establishing the logistics to increase the interest.

Read this blog post and follow the links to get an idea of what this is about.

http://www.downrange.tv/blog/?p=629

Next week, we will have an invitation ready to invite potential shooters and clubs to subscribe to a DRTV news service with the latest updates on this new sport. This will be a helpful tool to share contact info.

This board is also the meeting ground for those who are seeking info and want to meet people in their own area to get started.

Ruger is naturally on board as the initiator (Main Sponsor) and we have other companies lined up who will support this new effort which in my opinion will trigger an increased interest in shooting sports and attract new shooters (young and old) to the shooting range.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 577
Re: Ruger Rimfire Shooting Competitions
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 05:48:59 PM »
Great.  Time for a shoot in Tulsa. 

Will supressors be allowed?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 11:28:28 PM »
Fantastic!  I'm hoping that there will be a club near Charlotte county, Florida so I can join.

I've read the rules and have a few questions.

In the Cowboy/Cowgirl group it states that the second gun must be on the shooting table.  does that mean it doesn't mater if you use one hand or two to shoot your SAA .22? Can you draw your guns from a holster or set it in one instead of the table when switching?

The rules give a minimum distance for shooting, but what should the average be?

What size should the average target be?

Since the stage examples given show a non-movement shooting area (No running then shooting)  Will different stages have different shooting postitions?  (off hand, prone, kneeling, ect...)

Don't worry Marshall.  I can easily wait till next week for some of the answers.  ;)

ccd

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 11:51:39 PM »
Will supressors be allowed?

The rules are in PDF form at Ruger's website and IIRC suppressors are prohibited.

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 09:39:52 PM »
I just checked on one of the outside links and it seems like the average distance will be between 8 and 15 yards.  Not bad.

And I saw that you can use either hand (but not both)  for the cowboy shoot shen using two guns.

This looks like fun!  ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:48:55 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 11:34:25 PM »
I saw this the other evening, but couldn't get the links to work on the hotel 'puter   :'(

Now that I'm home, and already wishing I was shooting again, I've checked it out  ;D  And, it looks like a fun course of fire. 

I've already got the guns ... can't believe that I don't need to buy to get into for a change, and affordable.

Now you guy's just need to get some matches up here for us upper midwesterners ...Sorry Rastus, but it is your turn to travel!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 10:57:19 AM »
I saw this the other evening, but couldn't get the links to work on the hotel 'puter   :'(

Now that I'm home, and already wishing I was shooting again, I've checked it out  ;D  And, it looks like a fun course of fire. 

I've already got the guns ... can't believe that I don't need to buy to get into for a change, and affordable.

Now you guy's just need to get some matches up here for us upper midwesterners ...Sorry Rastus, but it is your turn to travel!

That's just a poor attitude.

Do you have back-up guns? Do you have back-up guns for your back-up guns? Do you have enough guns to take several friends along?

Geesh, you give a guy an excuse to buy more guns and he just blows it.  ;)
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

Walkeraviator

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 08:43:17 PM »
This sounds like a chance for me to get outthe 10/22 and the ole highstandard sentinel 7".

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 09:36:43 PM »
Hmmmm...... maybe we should do a DRTV Rimfire Competition :)
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 08:44:39 AM »
Hmmmm...... maybe we should do a DRTV Rimfire Competition :)

You must have listen in on my conversation with Michael yesterday....  :D

We are working on some plans to have a DRTV Rimfire postal match. We will have something solid to work  on later this month, when we meet with the companies involved in all this.

This week, we will start rounding up people who are interested in joining this sport and establish contact points in each state. If we succeed in our goals, we will also have matches running in several states including many regional championships.

The Ruger Rimfire Competition will focus on highlighting shooters of all levels - we want to give the average shooters and families a place in the spotlight, not just the top shooters.

Rimfire Action Shooting (not an official term) will be established under the same principles as cowboy action shooting, opening up for a whole lot of fun at the shooting ranges around the country.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk