Author Topic: “Don’t bring a gun to a snowball fight"  (Read 4355 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
“Don’t bring a gun to a snowball fight"
« on: December 21, 2009, 08:32:10 AM »
http://www.examiner.com/x-2879-Austin-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m12d20-Washington-DC-where-everybody-looks-bad

The Washington Post reports that yesterday’s record snowfall resulted in an impromptu mass snowball fight in downtown Washington DC. While some may have been celebrating an upcoming white Christmas, it appears that the Metropolitan Police Department may have already received the best from Santa.
A plainclothes detective was stopped at the intersection when his burgundy Hummer (a $40k+ vehicle) was hit with snowballs. Video shows him get out of his stylish ride and draw his service sidearm. He then drops his comm unit and bends to pick it up out of the snowy street, all while holding his handgun pointed towards the ground.
After calling for backup, a confrontation ensues which makes everybody look bad. The crowd begins to chant: “Don’t bring a gun to a snowball fight,” as if that provides magic protection. At first, they didn’t know the armed man was a cop. Considering that DC usually is the murder capital of the world, this lack of concern indicates an inability to deal with reality.
After the detective identified himself as a police officer, one masked man begins to call the him all the various derogatory names for cop, along with other profanity.
It all makes them look rather childish.
By the end of the video, plenty of backup has arrived while the detective briefly hauls one person over to the hood of his Hummer for a talking to, while patrol officers form a blue line to separate the crowd from the detective.
This is all very interesting only because the DC government, including the police department, fought every step of the way against the Heller decision, in which the Supreme Court decided that DC’s gun ban was unconstitutional, and that residents have the right to own handguns.
At the same time, DC has the highest number of police per capita in the country, and the highest violent crime rate. So while DC believes the police should have a monopoly on force, they can’t even seem to handle a snowball fight without resorting to a display of lethal force.
Bottom line: It appears that neither DC residents nor the police display the maturity necessary to carry lethal force. Maybe that’s why DC is the crime capital of America.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Badgersmilk

Re: “Don’t bring a gun to a snowball fight"
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 08:35:47 AM »
Saw this on tv news as well. 

Nobody said cops are the sharpest tools in the shed.  Training falls under - "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 11:17:54 AM »
What a maroon!!!

I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 12:08:24 PM »
Here's some of the raw video http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/17244889

Plenty of Dumb-ass Awards to be handed out here.

Personally, I don't think that I would be throwing snowballs at some guy with a handgun in his hand.  I just don't think my sense of entitlement is that strong.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 12:35:51 PM »
Tis the season sooooooo I am not going to say how stupid that guy is and that he should at lease get an unpaid vacation maybe even worse.  See Santa, I was a nice guy!

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:22:40 PM »

ratcatcher55

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 01:06:08 PM »
Who was he going to shoot?

He could be charged with brandishing in some places because he was not in danger of any physical harm and he waved the weapon at people who were not involved in any part of the "event". 

Idiot. Hit him the eye with an ice ball.

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 07:25:59 AM »
some picks  and a different un edited video
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1237476/Pictured-The-moment-American-police-detective-pulls-HANDGUN-hes-hit-SNOWBALLS.html

think he will be looking for a new job

no reason to pull a gun for copping a snow ball   ( looks like he is part of the fun police  )
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:

Badgersmilk

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 09:15:53 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAgQKJuriIo

After watching that.  I sure hope lawyers saw it and are helping the kid press assault charges against the cop.  At the VERY least he needs to be unemployed, required to get therapy, and banned from carrying a weapon again.

Shame one of the kids didn't gun him down and call it self defense.

"To Protect and Serve" has got to be the biggest joke in the world to cops ears.  Corrupt @$$ holes.  >:(

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 09:22:31 AM »
After watching that.  I sure hope lawyers saw it and are helping the kid press assault charges against the cop.  At the VERY least he needs to be unemployed, required to get therapy, and banned from carrying a weapon again.

Shame one of the kids didn't gun him down and call it self defense.

"To Protect and Serve" has got to be the biggest joke in the world to cops ears.  Corrupt @$$ holes.  >:(

It very easily could have turned out that way.... He never really identifies himself as a cop.... With everyone in the crowd yelling "That guy has got a gun" I could see how there could have been a bad shoot by a CCW holder if they were standing near by.

I also think that dude with the camera (and everyone else there in the crowd too) was an idiot.... Gee there is a guy with a gun... let me run over there and video tape him.... I'm bullet proof behind this camera lens -- Yeah, great plan!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk