Author Topic: Zero Tolerance Again in Denver  (Read 2116 times)

Sapper 3D

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Zero Tolerance Again in Denver
« on: October 08, 2010, 09:28:10 PM »
Michael, please tell you you'll rant at least a little bit about this one from McGlone Elementary in Denver.  >:(

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=156961&catid=339

Kindergartner brings a Nerf gun to school to play cops and robbers gets suspended.  I thought they fixed the Zero Tolerance problem a few years back.  What should we call this one 0.01% Tolerance like blood alcohol content?  Congress needs to create a new bill just like the one that fixed BATFE that adds options in descending order 4) Expulsion, 3) Suspension, 2) (this is the new one) talking to the kid and teaching the rules, 1) do nothing.

At this rate, when the kid takes his first spelling test, school officials will take away his FFL credentials, too.

runstowin

• Thomas Jefferson: “Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just”
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Zero Tolerance Again in Denver
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 11:43:46 PM »
Reason 139 for getting and keeping our children out of the public schools. If they got that wrong, what else are the brilliant public school briniacs getting wrong? Perhaps everything?
Rights are like muscles, when they are not exercised they atrophy.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 02:12:52 AM »
Most schools will suspend a kid for pointing a finger with the thumb up and going "Bang"!  Try to tell a kid not to do that!!!!!

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 08:36:31 AM »
Johnny drew a picture of a gun--that's a suspendin'

Sheesh.

Homeskool yer kidz and learn 'em how t' shoot good.  By age 8, yer kid shud be able t' takedown and reassemble a 1911--in th' dark. Thatz all Ah'm sayin...
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 08:31:06 PM »
 ::) ::)

this Zero Tolerance   is a load of shit 

it dose not stop  crime   and the "Feel Good "  aspect  is a waist of time as it only makes normal realistic people more pissed off at the people in power 

however the issue is these shepple are still making stupid decisions

I find a lot of people don't stand up and do something about it  unless it really affects them personally.  That needs to change
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:37:45 AM »

Pecos Bill

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 09:01:54 PM »
Check this, guys. A fella I worked with several years ago had to go before child services because his 7 year old granddaughter said (during show and tell) that she spent the weekend at his house and played with his naked dog. The girls Dad was a cop so they were involved. Child and family services investigated and took 3 weeks to decide that nothing happened. And the naked dog? Was his Mexican hairless. It only has hair on its head and the tip of its tail.

Pecos
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress, but I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 08:19:44 AM »
::) ::)

this Zero Tolerance   is a load of shit  

it dose not stop  crime   and the "Feel Good "  aspect  is a waist of time as it only makes normal realistic people more pissed off at the people in power

however the issue is these shepple are still making stupid decisions

I find a lot of people don't stand up and do something about it  unless it really affects them personally.  That needs to change

The point of Zero Tolerance is not Gun Control directly.

It is Mind Control.  It is indoctrinating the young generation to have a total aversion to guns...even toy ones, pictures of guns and of any thoughts of pointing a gun and going bang.  Mental and psychological Conditioning.  Like Pavlov's Dogs.

The only reason they use suspension and other academic types punishment is because electric shock would cause an uproar.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

red364

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 10:39:09 AM »
Zero  tolerance is everywhere, even out here in the wild west.
Last year, my grandaughter was 8 and got suspended for telling a boy she wanted to bring a gun to school and shoot him. It was worth a week off....

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 11:03:27 AM »
I think the zero tolerance policies are just CYA for the administrators and bureaucrats.  It frees them from having to make a decision in a situation that might piss off someone and generate a law suit.  It is also about the implementation of unquestionable rules and a big brother atmosphere.   Of course they will claim it is for safety and for the sake of the children - it is not.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk