Author Topic: ‘Chicks with Guns’: Some 15 million US women pack heat  (Read 1520 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
‘Chicks with Guns’: Some 15 million US women pack heat
« on: September 29, 2011, 07:12:39 AM »
Photographer Lindsay McCrum explores unexpected aspects of gun ownership in new book

By Laura T. Coffey
TODAY.com contributor
updated 9/28/2011 9:42:22 AM ET

Pop quiz: Name one accessory that grandmothers, moms, girls, wealthy socialites, middle-class females and low-income women might be likely to own — and cherish — all across America.

If you answered “a gun,” you’d be correct.

Based on polling research and gun-sale statistics, an estimated 15 million to 20 million women in the United States own their own firearms. Dozens of those heat-packing women are documented in “Chicks with Guns,” a new book by photographer Lindsay McCrum that is sure to challenge almost anyone’s assumptions about gun ownership.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44690575/ns/today-today_people/t/chicks-guns-million-us-women-pack-heat?GT1=43001

More and pictures at link
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: ‘Chicks with Guns’: Some 15 million US women pack heat
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 09:51:24 AM »
I couldn't help but notice how confident and sure the women in the slide show appeared...."standing tall"...even the one sitting.

Something eye catching about a woman in an evening gown holding a .454 Casull.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk