Author Topic: Zero Tolerance Idiot Of The Day: Principal Steve Luker  (Read 3309 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Zero Tolerance Idiot Of The Day: Principal Steve Luker
« on: December 16, 2011, 05:35:19 PM »
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/12/daniel-zimmerman/zero-tolerance-idiot-of-the-day-principal-steve-luker/

Zero Tolerance Idiot of the Day: Principal Steve Luker

Posted on December 16, 2011 by Dan Zimmerman

Little did Nicholas Taylor know, when he picked up an artfully bitten piece of pizza, that he’d be bringing a world of hurt down on his 10-year-old shoulders. One of his lunch buddies noticed that the partially-eaten slice looked like a gun. When Nicholas then picked it up – no doubt saying something really inflammatory like, “bang, bang” – that set the David Youree Elementary School brass into full-on zero gun tolerance Defcon 1…

From wkrn.com:

James Evans, spokesperson for the Rutherford County School District, said the boy isn’t being punished because he had a piece of pizza shaped like a gun.

He’s being punished because “some students reported he was making some threatening hand gestures, that he was shooting other kids at the table and they reported it to a teacher,” according to Evans.

He continued, “The student didn’t tell him the truth about it so he got silent lunch for six days.”

Evans called the punishment minor but said the message is clear.

“I realize some might say we are going overboard but the principal is just trying to use an abundance of caution and send the message that we don’t play about guns and it’s not something we joke around about,” he said.

Nicholas has been sentenced by school principal Steve Luker to “silent lunch” for the rest of the semester (six days). I’m sure he’ll survive. He should probably count himself lucky he didn’t eat his pizza in the shape of a hand grenade or something even more dangerous. Or maybe he should just start eating his slices from the tip.

Comment of the day goes to a reply:

And after school, he’ll sit down to play Modern Warfare 3 online, shooting the crap out of all his friends. Yeah, sure he learned a lot.

OBTW, did you read the story that 48% of schools FAIL Fed Standards For Education????

Nice....
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Zero Tolerance Idiot Of The Day: Principal Steve Luker
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 07:55:25 PM »
Hell, I thought it looked more like a hand saw.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 10:54:46 PM »
WTF. That looks nothing like a gun. ???
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 11:23:11 PM »
Hell, I thought it looked more like a hand saw.
I was thinking keyhole saw, myself..
If the pizza were "loaded", if that would have been a more serious infraction?...
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 03:04:30 AM »
Idiots of the world havent realised that if you try and continually brow beat people through this sort of pansy ass shit, through continual media manipulation and pathetic legislation designed to continually protect people (the 1 %) from themselves it will eventually backfire. Hooray for the day it does and these morons can be rounded up and dealt with accordingly.
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:56:28 PM »

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 09:18:34 AM »
... Hooray for the day it does and these morons can be rounded up and dealt with accordingly.
They feel the same about us, and we're not building detention centers...
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 09:38:21 AM »
Wouldn't a Gun Safety Course like Eddy the Eagle be more apporpriate for EDUCATING the kids?

Those that CAN-DO those that CAN"T-TEACH, those that CAN'T TEACH-BECOME ADMIN!
He who dares wins.  SAS

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 11:19:18 AM »
It is the "mind control" they are after....

The act of saying or even thinking "bang,bang" needs to be eradicated from the thought processes of the subjects.

Control will not be total until all spontaneous thoughts of rebellious aggression are eliminated.

That self defense is stopped is also an added benefit.  The subjects get used to getting beat upon and abused while submitting helplessly.

They only care about guns because they can be a tool for the thought process they are working to stop.

The control of the mind is the true goal.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 12:26:50 PM »
What needs to happen, wait where was this?  Tennesse.  You know I've noticed a lot of Statist activity in TN, TSA inspection stations on the interstates and other Big Brother type stuff.  What the hell is going on there?

Anyway... what needs to happen is 4H needs to start promoting their shooting programs in the school district and the NRA needs to send in Eddy the Eagle materials.  I mean FLOOD the school district with pro-gun, gun-saftey, materials and programs.  IF any firearm type issue ever occurs in the school district they should be hoisted on their own petards.
He who dares wins.  SAS

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 01:17:37 PM »
Any counter measures have to start very early as pre-1st graders are disciplined for forming a gun with thumb and fingers.

Kick ball is banded as "too agressive" or to painful for those not good at it to participate.  

At this age the the desire to strive for your individuality and personal best is being quashed.

Pringles....forced to be the same size and shape and fit nicely in the prescribed container and stack well on the shelves....not one in the whole stack is exceptional...and none are foul either....just all mediocre or less.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk