Author Topic: ZERO TO HERO Early Date Opened Up!!!!!!  (Read 14027 times)

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: ZERO TO HERO Early Date Opened Up!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2013, 12:08:51 PM »
Another fat, old, broken down, bad back smoker. Can't move, can't breathe. No handgun mounted optics.
Much as I'd love to get the time, I don't fit the bill..
I hate getting old!!!
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2013, 01:58:43 PM »
Another fat, old, broken down, bad back smoker. Can't move, can't breathe. No handgun mounted optics.
Much as I'd love to get the time, I don't fit the bill..
I hate getting old!!!

Me too.....until I consider the alternatives.....
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2013, 04:57:27 PM »
Me too.....until I consider the alternatives.....

Amen!!!

The grass is a LOT greener on THIS side than on the root side.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2013, 06:28:38 PM »
Tried a PDPII or III not sure, on a ss (no hicaps back then) and was so slow that they had to use a sundial to time me!!!!  LOL  Probably wouldn't be any better now that I'm that much older and blinder!

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2013, 05:53:02 PM »
New job = no time off!  Ain't that the way it goes!?!
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 02:59:21 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 582
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2013, 07:41:56 PM »
It would be kewl to spend time training with Suarez and learn how to work the red dots on pistols.  At the Ruger Rimfire Challenge in Tulsa back in July we put red dots on our pistols knowing we'd have to learn how they work.  We zeroed them (well, almost) 30 minutes before competition started.  I had an el cheapo Browning on the Browning Buckmark and a Burris Fastfire 3 on an S&W M&P 22....the M&P took the lead but a lot of that was due to it running the ammo better than the Buckmark.

The hard part for us was holding the gun so that you'd be aligned to find the dot quickly...when that happened they got fast and quick.   It's just the alignment thing did not happen quick enough or often enough.  Since a quick alignment is required before a shot..., I've sworn off the dot for defensive pistol unless I can learn something that puts the dot in front of my eyes each and every time when I'm looking at the target.  So...I guess I'm saying until the dot is something quickly picked up it's more a "competition gimmick" than a useful defensive tool for me.  Overall, I would have been faster with iron sights.

We put the EOTech on the Ruger 10/22 that was a prize on this board a few years back.  It ran really fast since we were familiar running it from training on the AR....but then you have a cheek weld with a rifle or carbine that gets that dot alignment checked off quickly enough for the dot to be useful and advantageous for defensive purposes.

Some of you young guys really need to win this trip though.  And, fat or not and not to rub it in guys, but I just scheduled a carbine class taught by Larry Vickers for November. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2013, 12:34:14 PM »
Dude!!!

You are right there!

Are we going to see you on the tube?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 582
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2013, 05:05:25 PM »
Not me on the tube....are you talking to me Mike?

Not on the Ruger Rimfire World Championship...and I'd figure no on the carbine class it's in Texas just across the state line.  The carbine class is motivating me to lose weight though...plan is to walk a mile before work in the morning and at least 2-1/2 in the evening after work...and to eat less and better.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2013, 07:19:30 PM »
Sign me up.  Don't care what is on the calendar, I'll make it if my name is called 8)
He who dares wins.  SAS

cooptire

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2013, 12:21:08 PM »
OH HECK YEAH!

Sign me up!

Cooptire
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." Patrick Henry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk