Author Topic: Zero Tolerance.  (Read 3101 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Zero Tolerance.
« on: December 10, 2013, 02:18:52 PM »
you know, I used to shake my head at the stupidity of the whole Zero Tolerance practice, but I'm starting to look at it as an indoctrination process.

Below is a link to a case where a kid is arrested, as in taken away in handcuffs, for burping in class.

This is starting to not look like stupidity, but through indoctrination.....ANY misstep and you are hit with a ton of bricks.   Even if you are successful in winning a court case and a reversal, the message is clear:  Step outside the lines Authority draws and you will have to fight to get things right.

There seems to be a backlash building due to this, but the message to the young ones is still sinking in.

http://girlsjustwannahaveguns.com/2013/12/arrested-belching-charges-student-arrested-burping-class/
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

Re: Zero Tolerance.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 02:50:43 PM »
, but I'm starting to look at it as an indoctrination process.

Welcome to the 21st century where staff and students both are trained to follow mindlessly.
The "masters" have done even better than Pavlov.
He got dogs to slobber on a bell command, Americans can be controlled with 3 lights .

Frosty

• Top Forum Member
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 05:29:52 PM »
That kid needs to go back to re-indoctrination camp Comrades or maybe the gulag! Things appear to be getting closer to the edge. As stated many times before on this site I WEEP FOR MY COUNTRY :'(
“As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.”  H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun,  July 26, 1920.

Frosty

• Top Forum Member
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 06:10:30 PM »
Just heard on the evening news a 6 yr. old has been suspended for kissing a girl in his class on the cheek - they say it's sexual harassment. WTF!
“As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.”  H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun,  July 26, 1920.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 06:36:47 PM »
Just heard on the evening news a 6 yr. old has been suspended for kissing a girl in his class on the cheek - they say it's sexual harassment. WTF!

Yeah...it was his second offense....so they pushed to get Sexual Harassment on his record.

He and the little girl are friends and it was affection and she was not the one who filed the complaint....but an observer.

His mom is fighting it because there was no harassment involved and does not want that label to follow her son.

Worst part is the little boy said.    "They sent me to the office fair and square.  I did something wrong and I feel sorry for it."

The kid believes it is wrong to show childish affection because there is a "Rule".

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:23:28 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 06:41:41 PM »
THere is no info it that 1st link, i mean none. There has to be more.  I really hate that when a "reporter" reports something, with no info in it, rather its to make a head line, political agenda or just being a crappy reporter, it drives me nuts.   out of the 3 only the last can be forgiven.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 04:16:49 AM »
Where but in our school system, is it OK for a 6 year old to tell a teacher to, "go F herself", (It happened to a co workers wife), but not kiss a girl on the hand? The entire concept of "Zero Tolerance" was thought up, and put into practice by lazy liberals.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk