Author Topic: Zumbo's Back!!!!??  (Read 8594 times)

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Zumbo's Back!!!!??
« on: July 03, 2007, 03:47:25 PM »
I can't believe my eyes.....Jim Zumbo's show is back on the Outdoor Channel and airing as I type this.  He started the show with the Ted Nugent segment that aired on Spirit of the Wild where Ted allowed him to try one of his pink and black ARs and moved into a segment of him shooting one of those black terrorist ARs.....sorry, couldn't resist........and then a segment saying how we need to protect our right to hunt, etc..  I think he owes Uncle Ted big time for lobbying on his behalf.

Regardless, it's going to take me awhile to get my head around this one.

Winchester Ranger T .45ACP 230 gr.+P JHP.................................When you care enough to send the very best.

tumblebug

Re: Zumbo's Back!!!!??
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 04:39:23 PM »
Maybe he read OTH       CHAOS

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 04:40:39 PM »
I can't believe my eyes.....Jim Zumbo's show is back on the Outdoor Channel and airing as I type this.  He started the show with the Ted Nugent segment that aired on Spirit of the Wild where Ted allowed him to try one of his pink and black ARs and moved into a segment of him shooting one of those black terrorist ARs.....sorry, couldn't resist........and then a segment saying how we need to protect our right to hunt, etc..  I think he owes Uncle Ted big time for lobbying on his behalf.

Regardless, it's going to take me awhile to get my head around this one.

Haven't seen the lineup yet - that's when I get to kick the kid off the TV and watch my "gun shows".

Agree, will take some time and analysis of his comments. But MB's right, we as a sport, hobby and industry CANNOT allow ourselves to be divided, even by the Zumbo's of the world.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

tumblebug

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 04:42:22 PM »
maybe he read  OTE  CHAOS

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 05:03:07 PM »
Haven't seen the lineup yet - that's when I get to kick the kid off the TV and watch my "gun shows".

Agree, will take some time and analysis of his comments. But MB's right, we as a sport, hobby and industry CANNOT allow ourselves to be divided, even by the Zumbo's of the world.

I agree that we need to keep an eye on him (and all gun/outdoor writers) but I also think we need to show that we can forgive (not forget).
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:07:11 AM »

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 07:20:24 PM »
I had a long talk with the Powers-That-Be about Jim's return. Since I was one of the guys who whacked him hard, the P-T-B wanted to know whether it bothered me that he was coming back.

I said that we got what we wanted, simple truth. The industry now completely understands who's driving the train, and that wouldn't have been possible without Zumbo's faux pas. I said at the time that Zumbo wasn't alone, and that my interest was making sure that those people standing silent on the side rooting him on understood totally the consequences of such actions. We are united as we have never been before.

So no, I have no problems...Jim screwed up, but he did us a huge service along the way.

There's three 4-color spreads that I wrote on the rise of the AR in the next issue of OUTDOOR LIFE, and I believe that is hugely important. NSSF has asked me to organize five retailer seminars at the 2008 SHOT Show on understanding the AR platform, how to sell it, dealing with the local media, etc. I'm consulting with National Geographic on a special on the AK-47. Jim's primary sponsor, Remington, is working on ther green black rifle now that they're owned by Cerebrus.

We won...Welcome back, Jim!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 08:29:17 PM »
So Michael, I'm curious as to how the sponsors who so quickly dropped Mr. Zumbo received the news of his return.  I have to assume that it was favorable for the most part otherwise Outdoor would not have reversed the decision. I would be interested to see if these sponsors now support him once again or might there be some ramifications going forward concerning support and sponsorship of the network's programming. 

On a similar note, the rumor in New York is that Don Imus will be returning in the fall to WFAN radio, so it seems we are indeed a forgiving nation and time heels all wounds.  His radio sponsors also wanted no part of him a few months ago if you recall.

Thanks.
Winchester Ranger T .45ACP 230 gr.+P JHP.................................When you care enough to send the very best.

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 11:41:15 PM »
written off and there is no way back in. PERIOD!!! Wouldnt release body fluids on his torched person no matter how embarassing the wet spot on my pants would be. SPIT ON THE MAN! SPITTUIE ON THE SHOW! HACK-A-LUNGER ON HIS FOLLOWERS!

Burn me and mine, expect NO FORGIVENESSS! AND I MEAN NO FRICKEN-CHANCE-IN-HELL! Not saying i have never made amistake, but Come-on, I have NEVER commited treason. One up on jimbo!

TEX

P.S. I kno the views I speak do not in anyway reflect those of Michael Bane or any other Persons part of Down Range TV, but then again maybe thats the reason I am so angry and full of SPITE! Which is the reason I said and still mean this:
texcaliber
Active Forum Member

"My best friends are Smith & Wesson"

View Profile Email Personal Message (Online)

Re: NY Times article on Black Rifles
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 09:21:19 PM »
   Reply with quote Modify message Remove message
tooo bad that Zumbo now sees the light. Things were done which his shooting a hole in "Zumbosworld" with a AR(pink or not) can not be forgiven.! Case closed!!!!! Dumbo has been writen off. MB himself cannot fix Dumbo's clusterbomb assult of not only ourguns but are American pride. Call us terriost will he. TERRIOST!!! That son-of-a-*@$#% !!!!!!Which leads me to my last rant. It has already started with the (blackrifles=terrorist guns), fueling the bigot legislatures to try and bring laws to band our kind. That right I said BIGOTS. Hate me for my belief that (blackrifle=good rifles). Zubmo, antigun goverment and the bradiebirgade law makers are on the same page in my book! Where is the out rage in that. and how dare " the Nuge" or anyone else expect my forgiveness. Zums lack of income buys a lot of SSSSOOOORRRYS.I SPIT ON THE NOTION OF OUR FORGIVENESS AND HIS RENEWED SHOW Spit, Spittle, Hack-tuwee........ I have only begun and I am already dehyreated dang it. I AM RELOADING W/ A HUGE GLASS OF ICED TEA ZUMBO...... SALIVA HI-CAP IF YOU WILL! Sooooo Zumbo I suggest a zig zag pattern w/ a comando roll to the rain gear cause you can hang out with Tom Sellick for all i care, not even Magnum P.I. could right your wronngs in my book you"66yr old burly outdoors guy".
Tex
   Report to moderator   68.163.251.143
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

Call me a FRICKIN TERRIOST!!!   >:( Try cutting a pinky off to fix that DUMBO , and air that on his k-rappy show then maybe, just MAYBE I watch it on the OLN.

RANT DONE!
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 05:08:46 AM »
I will just say that I will never view the man in the same light again and let it go at that. 
Life Member of the NRA

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 05:23:16 AM »
Don't care, didn't watch before, not going to watch now.  To be honest I stopped on the Outdoor network when I saw guys lined up with the state of the art rifle (or what ever we're calling it this week).  It took me a couple of minutes to figure out who it was.  I changed after he was doing his 'mea copa.'
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk