Author Topic: Zumbo's Back!!!!??  (Read 8593 times)

WaltGraham

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Zumbo's Back!!!!??
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007, 10:52:43 AM »
Never watched the show to begin with; probably won't make any particular effort to do so now. Having said that, a live ally is of more use to me than a dead enemy (in most cases). Life is too short to spend it pi$$ed off; at least at the nickel dime stuff...

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2007, 11:11:38 AM »
Tex, I totally understand, brother!

I'm sort of in the Dakota Ranger's territory...never watched the show before; won't watch it now...I'd rather watch the Westminster Dog Show run backwards than sit through 30 minutes of either a hunting or a professional poker show. So for me it has all been more of an intellectual enterprise...how to I help insure that the gun culture gets the best possible outcome from a bad situation? 

RE: the advertisers...remember, the landscape has changed drastically, and partly because of the incident. I made the crack on the blog a couple of months ago that Zumbo would be the ideal spokesman for the new Remington, since it was going through corporately what Jim went through personally. I suspect it's a "wait and see" situation.

I hope he does well, and I like having him around as a cautionary tale!

Michael B

Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 12:21:15 PM »

...I'd rather watch the Westminster Dog Show run backwards than sit through 30 minutes of either a hunting or a professional poker show.

Dissin' dog shows, oh great Bane. Now the wife says she will not watch Shooting Gallery with me!
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 02:22:38 PM »
Tex, I totally understand, brother!

I'm sort of in the Dakota Ranger's territory...never watched the show before; won't watch it now...I'd rather watch the Westminster Dog Show run backwards than sit through 30 minutes of either a hunting or a professional poker show. So for me it has all been more of an intellectual enterprise...how to I help insure that the gun culture gets the best possible outcome from a bad situation? 

RE: the advertisers...remember, the landscape has changed drastically, and partly because of the incident. I made the crack on the blog a couple of months ago that Zumbo would be the ideal spokesman for the new Remington, since it was going through corporately what Jim went through personally. I suspect it's a "wait and see" situation.

I hope he does well, and I like having him around as a cautionary tale!

Michael B

I am glad you at least understand.......but I still hold true to my comments. Step to the left for me please.......... hack-tuwee on the man.  >:(

Need to go find my happy place man...... and just in case no one else said it " Happy 4th to all, God bless the troops and may the Almighty bless you with all 10 fingers and toes tomorrow morning."
from Tex and family!
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2007, 06:34:36 PM »
We all need to lift a drink to the troops!

God bless all of you...

mb

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:08:57 PM »

conagher

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2007, 04:18:49 PM »
I saw Zumbo's first show of the season, also.  I hope he means what he says.  Nugent at least did not give up on him and took the time to do a little missionary work among the heathen.  Zumbo now knows we don't all hunt with a super magnum but also use something more fun to shoot and doesn't slap you.  He also knows that we're watching. 

I got three pigs with my "ugly black gun"  the past year.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 10:09:06 AM »
Well put!

mb

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 582
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 07:00:27 AM »
We all need to lift a drink to the troops!
God bless all of you...
mb

Sending items to the troops or donating cold cash or otherwise assisting various veteran causes is better! 

Insofar as Jim Du.., err Zumbo, I don't mind if he comes back on for 2 or 3 shows....just enough to start to deprogram and educate the fudds who think the 2nd Ammendment is gurantees hunting.  After that, hit the road......
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk