Author Topic: Zumbo back on Outdoor Channel  (Read 4831 times)

HBMan

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Zumbo back on Outdoor Channel
« on: July 17, 2007, 11:40:20 PM »
Just seen that Zumbo was back on the Outdoor Channel tonight(on a canned hunt no less) while I only caught the last few minutes, I guess the general shooting fraternity, TV hunting program executives and advertisers are as blasay about thier firearms rights as the majority of voters are about thier rights under the law when it comes to political figures getting away with unbelievable actions and having no consequences what so ever no matter what they do.

The media protects the left no matter what rights are attacked or no matter how serious the breach of morality a fellow member engages in but COME ON this CLOWN wanted to BAN a whole GROUP of rifles and give the antigun crowd a big foot in the door to BAN our GUNS!!  >:(

While it happens all the time in the political arena where the culprit is caught and issues an unbelievably weak apology and all is forgotten by the time the next election comes around this guy did not care about anybody's rights to own a certain type of firearm and has managed to weasel his way back.

I am amazed at the short memory of the people involved in the sporting arms industry and the general shooter in what I consider to be a serious breach of trust by a person that was in the postion to do much harm in the gun owners fight to keep thier rights.

Probably should have waited to write this until I cooled down but I am sure my mind will not change and after all it is my OPINION and evidently I am in the minority. :(

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Zumbo back on Outdoor Channel
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 06:07:31 AM »
No, I don't think you are in the minority on this.  I, for one, agree with you.  Lots of folks are quick to forgive Zumbo his "indiscretion" but I am not one of them.  I had never owned one of those "terrorist" rifles until a month ago, but never begrudged any gun owner that wanted to have one.  Gun owners like Zumbo are our worst enemy.  They are the ones the Sarah Brady's of the world seek out for their PR campaigns. To use to divide and conquer.  They are the ones that will be our downfall.  The ones that seem to be on our side, but come off with some hair brained comment like he did. 
Life Member of the NRA

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 07:44:15 AM »
Just seen that Zumbo was back on the Outdoor Channel tonight(on a canned hunt no less) while I only caught the last few minutes, I guess the general shooting fraternity, TV hunting program executives and advertisers are as blasay about thier firearms rights as the majority of voters are about thier rights under the law when it comes to political figures getting away with unbelievable actions and having no consequences what so ever no matter what they do.

The media protects the left no matter what rights are attacked or no matter how serious the breach of morality a fellow member engages in but COME ON this CLOWN wanted to BAN a whole GROUP of rifles and give the antigun crowd a big foot in the door to BAN our GUNS!!  >:(

While it happens all the time in the political arena where the culprit is caught and issues an unbelievably weak apology and all is forgotten by the time the next election comes around this guy did not care about anybody's rights to own a certain type of firearm and has managed to weasel his way back.

I am amazed at the short memory of the people involved in the sporting arms industry and the general shooter in what I consider to be a serious breach of trust by a person that was in the postion to do much harm in the gun owners fight to keep thier rights.

Probably should have waited to write this until I cooled down but I am sure my mind will not change and after all it is my OPINION and evidently I am in the minority. :(
Nope man.... Ol' Tex is with ya. Only I am spitting more and droppin/throwing alot more F'bombs and other colorful words.
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

tumblebug

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 10:06:03 AM »
I hope it`s just rerun`s.I don`t know much about TV contracts but OUTDOOR chanel may have to
run them.I personaly went out to buy a HIGH TECH rifle but got a gangster gun instead go figure.
I looked in on the show saw it was a canned hunt & changed the chanel.I won`t support him or
his sponsers by watching. I spend my money with company`s who support all shooting sport`s.
As far as i`am concered he can wallow in his own arrogance . And that is what his statement`s
show his point of view to be. Every one can have thier on opinion .THIS IS MINE.

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 10:24:20 AM »
I hope it`s just rerun`s.I don`t know much about TV contracts but OUTDOOR chanel may have to
run them.I personaly went out to buy a HIGH TECH rifle but got a gangster gun instead go figure.
I looked in on the show saw it was a canned hunt & changed the chanel.I won`t support him or
his sponsers by watching. I spend my money with company`s who support all shooting sport`s.
As far as i`am concered he can wallow in his own arrogance . And that is what his statement`s
show his point of view to be. Every one can have thier on opinion .THIS IS MINE.

Gangster gun? Need more info.
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:42:04 PM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 11:10:36 AM »
Gangster gun? Need more info.

I'm bettin' that's what he calls his Tommy gun. :)
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

tumblebug

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 04:15:00 PM »
Yes I mean the TOMMY gun. If you go to THOMPSON`S site they show the history of the gun.
Good & bad. Personally i alway`s think of soldiers & TOMMY guns but bad guys used them to.

HBMan

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 08:54:31 PM »
Was away for awhile and didn't see the earlier thread about this on Zumbo or I would have tacked my rant on it. Anyway I still don't get the passive attitude about what could have came out of this stupidity and how soon things are forgotten. I guess I am a dinosaur in this Politicaly correct and lawyered gray area world of ours in thinking wrong is wrong! Really bothers me because there is a very big beast waiting at the door for any chance at taking our rights.

tumblebug

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 09:54:00 AM »
Went to WALLY WORLD this morning & bought ammo. Did not buy remington....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk