Author Topic: "Republicans = The Taliban" --- Guess who said it  (Read 1475 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"Republicans = The Taliban" --- Guess who said it
« on: November 04, 2009, 12:36:00 PM »
Answer: A sitting US congressman..... and here is ED Shultz(D) yucking it up with him and begging him not to backtrack it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldDttxlSSyA

*Somebody email M'ette for me.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: "Republicans = The Taliban" --- Guess who said it
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 03:04:20 PM »
I hate this crap. Its like calling someone a nazi, a klansman or a communist. It does three things. First it belittles true evil. Second it assaults the memories of their victims. Third it dumbs us down as if you can't name something if you can't conceptualize it. We lose our ability to accureratley describe what we oppose, and by doing so, our ability to coherently stand against it. Tom sent me a PM to this effect and he was right. No one castigating the Dems or the GOP will get an argument from me. Just be accurate in your complaints so we don't wind up arguing about words that have lost thier meaning in an Orwellian fashion and lose the substance of the problem. This may sound silly and academic, but its not. Nazi used to mean something specific and something we recognized and opposed with good reason. Now, it means someone I don't like and we argue about whether its a slur or not. The substance is lost. I think this is a political and moral problem. I may be alone here.
FQ13

tombogan03884

Re: "Republicans = The Taliban" --- Guess who said it
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 06:45:50 PM »
 If the sheep get dumbed down any more they will be shitting in there hands and throwing it like monkeys in the zoo.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk