Author Topic: Finally Tested The 460 With Proper Ammo - Yowsers!!  (Read 5065 times)

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: Finally Tested The 460 With Proper Ammo - Yowsers!!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 08:42:49 PM »
We have people who come to the indoor range where I am one of the RSOs that shoot .454, .460, .500 and .50AE. When the first 3 go off, the RSOs get real busy as everyone forgets what they're doing and step back to see what the heck just washed over them!  ;D

Very loud. And, on occasion, we shut off the lights (no windows on the shooting line of course) just to see the fountain of flame they emit. Very, very waaaay cool!

Congrats, Sledge. Just one question - doesn't shooting that thing upside down on the bottom of the Earth give you a headache?   ???  ::) ;)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 09:02:14 PM »
I got that same reaction (minus the light dimming thing) shooting +P .357s out of a Bond Derringer. Who me? Loud? ;D I really want a BFG (I don't know why, I just do). If anything would get me to think about reloading its this beast. Keep us posted Sledge, I absolutely love it! ;D
FQ13

BAC

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 09:08:21 PM »
I got that same reaction (minus the light dimming thing) shooting +P .357s out of a Bond Derringer. Who me? Loud? ;D I really want a BFG (I don't know why, I just do). If anything would get me to think about reloading its this beast. Keep us posted Sledge, I absolutely love it! ;D
FQ13

I've not seen +P .357 magnum.  I'd like to try it.  Or is it 357 Sig to which you are referring?

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 02:02:45 AM »
you can go alot heavier then that... ;D
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 01:25:36 PM »
I've not seen +P .357 magnum.  I'd like to try it.  Or is it 357 Sig to which you are referring?
I got a few loose from a cop friend. Winchester I think, but I won't swear it, its been a while. Apparently  LEO only. Or, he could have been full of crap (I don't look gift ammo in the mouth ;)). I do know they were zippier than win white box loads. Beyond that, I have no idea.
FQ13

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:51:10 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk