Author Topic: White dots/outlines, Fiber Optics, Tritium Sights  (Read 7549 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
Re: White dots/outlines, Fiber Optics, Tritium Sights
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 05:56:54 PM »
and btw, I'm so anal retentive.

Red front sight 'cause that's where tha fire come out.

Green rear sights, 'cause that's were you want to be standing when you fire tha thang.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 01:17:14 PM »
Cool photos Alf. I just have FO sights on my Remington 870. Come in handy at lowlight shots at bambi during hunting season.

robheath

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 02:54:40 PM »
Great job Alf. I have XS big dot on several of my guns.  I find them easy to pick up in the dark now that i'm older with less than perfect eye sight.  I like the XS sights because i CAN see more of the target.  I have played with them in and around the house ( safely of course ) and I have mixed reviews.  Some times they are great and sometimes the brightness obscures the target.  I think practice is parmount along with proper target ID. 
Give me liberty or I'll get my guns and get it myself.

pioneer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 05:52:05 PM »
I don't often disagree with Rob, but on this topic, I do.  I've been carrying tritium sights on my service pistols since they first became available.  Working a one man patrol car, at night, in Oregon weather, big city or country roads, or S. California alleys, in virtually every scenario you can think of, I have never had a problem aligning my sights to my intended target.  I can not think of a single situation where I was in total darkness.  Unless in a closet or photography dark room, there is always some ambient light.  With proper technique, it is not difficult to distinguish front from rear night sights. 

In some of the darker situations is where smart flashlight use is applied.  FO sights are great when there is light, but not so much when the lights go dim. 

My experience and opinion, your mileage may vary.
Life Member NRA / SAF Member
Naval Aviation 1965-1969
Retired Police Detective '71-'01
HR-218 Certified

United States Constitution (c) 1791
         All Rights Reserved.

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 06:23:40 PM »
Great job Alf. I have XS big dot on several of my guns.  I find them easy to pick up in the dark now that i'm older with less than perfect eye sight.  I like the XS sights because i CAN see more of the target.  I have played with them in and around the house ( safely of course ) and I have mixed reviews.  Some times they are great and sometimes the brightness obscures the target.  I think practice is parmount along with proper target ID. 
I'm a big fan of the XS big dots as well. I like that on the front/rear sets the rear is very subdued, not a 2 dot. Where I think they are at their best though is the front sight only for snubbies. I've been carrying a M&P 340 in a pocket holster pretty regularly now and I love the front big dot on the J frame so much that I've got one in transit to XS for installation now and another to follow when it gets back. Very soon all 3 of my J frames will wear the big dot front sight.
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:13:01 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk