Author Topic: Improved podcast page....  (Read 28333 times)

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
Improved podcast page....
« on: June 15, 2007, 04:08:14 PM »
This is Michael talking to me this am....

giving instructions again....

I'm tellin' ya..... it's either Michael or Marshal'ette..... I bet they are cousins .......  ;D

Anyhow.... the PODCAST page has been updated with a new player and with the archive of Michael's podcasts since April.

For those who want to download the mp3 files to play on their own player, click on the rss feed link on the page.

And.... for those with iTunes installed and want to sync the latest podcasts into their iPod... there's a link for that as well.

Enjoy!

;D

Bill Stryker

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Improved podcast page....
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 05:05:40 PM »
Good Job Marshal. Thanks.
I have been wanting that to catch up on ones I missed.
Can you put the links on too?

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 05:15:04 PM »
Can you put the links on too?

The links to previous podcasts can be found here:
http://www.downrange.tv/podcast/podcast.php?channel=1

but...

you can also find all podcasts in the player.

By clicking the button highlighted below....

or use the scroll bar.... you will able to move down and play podcasts of your choice.

http://www.downrange.tv/podcast.htm

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 07:26:47 PM »
Nice work.

Now, if only we had downloads for the videos . . . .

???
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

JohnJacobH

• Top Forum Member
    • JohnJacobH's RKBA Commentary
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 09:47:44 PM »

I'm tellin' ya..... it's eithe Michael or Marshal'ette..... I bet they are cousins .......  ;D

Anyhow.... the PODCAST page has been updated with a new player and with the archive of Michael's podcasts since April.

For those who want to download the mp3 files to play on their own player, click on the rss feed link on the page.

And.... for those with iTunes installed and want to sync the latest podcasts into their iPod... there's a link for that as well.

Enjoy!

;D

I do not actually HAVE a POD, so my pants pocket does not actually vibrate with each new podcast.

My question: is there a button or feature that would allow me to listen to chapters in the podcast online through my actual computer?

Today I made it through the segment about black rifles to be renamed Hi Tech rifles ( instead of platform rifles? or modular rifles?) and then the
cat threw up in the other room and I could not simultaneously listen to the remaining 20? 30? 40? minutes of podcast and clean up cat puke while
it was still fresh and cleanable.

(Okay, the actual truth- that was a hypothetical example- because we use a Bissell(Tm)  Spotbot to clean up cat puke, but the issue is real)

So now my choice is to listen to the first segment again to get to the other segment or just let it pass.

Apologies if I should already know how to find the function button on my computer or on screen, but the only point-and-click interface I really understand is a S&W 686 or 640 Centennial.

Many thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:24:21 AM »

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 10:01:35 PM »
but the only point-and-click interface I really understand is a S&W 686 or 640 Centennial.

JohnJacobH that still is my preferred technique for the computer. No joke man My better half made me take off my gun the first two months we got this computer. She still runs quick when i get "Salior" mouth....lucky monitor. :D
tex
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 11:11:06 AM »
I do not actually HAVE a POD, so my pants pocket does not actually vibrate with each new podcast.
My question: is there a button or feature that would allow me to listen to chapters in the podcast online through my actual computer?

You can fast forward or rewind using the player on DRTV. Use the "location handle" and drag it back and forth. The handle is located above the stop and play buttons.

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 02:51:13 PM »
Nice work.
Now, if only we had downloads for the videos . . . .
 ???

Keep the hope up. It is still on my work list, but as of now, production of new videos comes first. The plan is to have a few of the most popular videos as an iPod version later this summer. 

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 03:40:24 PM »
Love the Podcasts and the new page looks great.  I listen online an always look forward to the new installment!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 07:18:27 AM »
Keep the hope up. It is still on my work list, but as of now, production of new videos comes first. The plan is to have a few of the most popular videos as an iPod version later this summer. 

As long as you include the one with MB shooting the Sig 556.

You know, the one where he forgets to remove the safety?

Proves we're all human! And unintentionally funny as well.   ;D
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk