Author Topic: 8/1/07 Podcast and Single-action only home protection  (Read 20735 times)

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
8/1/07 Podcast and Single-action only home protection
« on: August 01, 2007, 12:24:13 PM »
It was interesting to here Michael speak to the use of a single-action only handgun for protection. Recently, at my urging, the wife took my night stand gun (S&W Model 10 .38spl) to her upstairs office. She spends alot of her day there and her purse where her carry revolver rests is where ever she laid it last. Instead of using my carry snubby as the replacement night stand gun, I pulled out my Taurus Gaucho .45LC. I don't feel less protected at all. However,  I've yet to purchase those self-defense rounds I need although I doubt a badguy will give me grief for shooting him with cowboy loads!
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: 8/1/07 Podcast and Single-action only home protection
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 01:08:26 PM »
I agree about the loads.  250 grains of lead at ~800fps should do the trick.  ;)  Anyway they worked for the cowboys!  ;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
Re: 8/1/07 Podcast and Single-action only home protection
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 01:23:19 PM »
I agree about the loads.  250 grains of lead at ~800fps should do the trick.  ;)  Anyway they worked for the cowboys!  ;D

Yeah..........but most of the cowboys died from infection do to being shot. Don sould get some of them new-fangled HP's.

tex

P.S. Great Podcast Michael, carring a single action Ruger around reminds me of my Dad. The .357Blackhawk was his go to gun for everything.(Store gun, Personal carry, Home defence, Hunting rabbits and a BUNCH of stroies to boot) when he and my mother ran/owned a store in TX they had HIS-n-HER's singleactions. NOW THATS LOVE MAN!
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk