Author Topic: 8/1/07 podcast; Guns in everyday conversation  (Read 25937 times)

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
8/1/07 podcast; Guns in everyday conversation
« on: August 01, 2007, 08:32:43 PM »
You know That stuff you said about talking guns casually over dinner? Does that mean evrybody doesn't do that?? I do that stuff anyway.
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

IDPAshooter

• Forum Member
    • My Blog!
  • Liked:
Re: 8/1/07 podcast; Guns in everyday conversation
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 09:07:03 PM »
Dinner always... maybe too much if you ask the Mrs.   ;D

The true challange is finding a way to bring firearms into positive conversations at work.  I was listening to the pod cast today at work and played the comment on how California has no crime out loud for my team.... seems I was the one that found it most funny, but I got it MB! 

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
Guns in everyday conversation
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 06:15:43 PM »
"Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end..."

Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 08:24:16 PM »
Sheesh, I thought talking about guns, fishing, ranching and whatever was normal.  You mean we are not??

Since I fly a lot, I make sure to wear gun related shirts as much as possible.  Amazing to get some of the reactions.  I do not have one for Shooting Gallery though.  Can I order one?  I need to get the diversity one as well.  Right now it is usually my Dillon one, or one of my shirts from Lifelibertyetc.com.  The Chicken one gets some interesting comments.

-Bidah
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 06:29:51 AM »
The Chicken one gets some interesting comments.

The Chicken one? Hmmm. Post a picture.
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:31:45 PM »

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 04:46:48 PM »
Here you go Don.

http://www.lifelibertyetc.com/product.aspx?pid=38

I must have ordered at least 10 of them for people that like 'em to give as presents.  One lady I have ordered 5 for and she has given them to family members.

-Bidah
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 07:26:57 PM »
Cool store Bidah!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Shawn S

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 10:42:04 AM »
I really enjoyed this podcast and would like to hear more about getting guns in everyday conversation.  After hearing Michael and others talk about the huge numbers we have, I firmly believe we could make leaps and bounds if the everyday person could find a way to put these numbers into perspective. Even if we gun owners ourselves could put it into perspective.

I have an idea that sounds korny as hell, but just might help bring a visual perpective to us and encourage open discussion on guns.  Ok here it is, don't laugh. :-[   What if we get get gun owners to wear something to symbolize pro gun. A certain ring, or one of those rubber bracelets they have for just about everything, or a watch or something. If it was something subtle enough maybe everyone would have it on all the time, but it needs to stand out just enough to where someone may ask about it from time to time giving us an opportunity to explain and talk about guns. Maybe even bring in someone new to the culture.  I know there are all kind of T-shirts and hats and things people could wear and that would be a huge start, but if there was something small and subtle a person could wear everyday every occasion it may help bring a visual perspective to everyone. The NRA has a few things in there store but nothing really caught my eye.

I know in a way it sounds very korny, but what do you think? ???

Oh! Wait I got an idea! How about everyone get a tattoo on the back of thier trigger finger.    ;D ;D

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2007, 01:07:07 PM »
I want a decoder ring man. One that whistles or something like that. Ok now that i said it that sounds silly.  :-[ I dont carry man i still want it.  ;)
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 01:08:53 PM »
and the rings have to be gunmetal gray. Yup thats the ticket.  8)
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk