Author Topic: The WAG THE DOG Manifesto!  (Read 109654 times)

storm1911

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The WAG THE DOG Manifesto!
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2007, 10:04:46 PM »
To paraphrase, if we don't stand together, we will surely hang together. Our semi-auto "assault rifles" or our scoped "sniper rifles", to the "Saturday Night Specials" from Kimber, Glock, and Smith and Wesson are all at risk. Those who wish to sieze and melt down our firearms are always lurking just under the surface. Did Zumbo forget that some congress clown wanted to ban the .500 magnum when it came out, provoking images of hoardes of gang bangers with pocketed S&W model 500's roving the landscape hunting police officers with the neweest concealable body armor blaster? In the gun grabber's eyes, a Winchester 94 is the same as an AR-15.   We don't need the camel's nose any further into the tent.

Timmy Jimmy

• Forum Member
  • Austin, Texas
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2007, 11:45:09 PM »
Thank You Jerry the Geek you made what Zumbo did make sense. Not that he was right or wrong but at least I understand why he said what he did.
Timmy Jimmy
Kimber Ultra CDP

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

WILLIAM A FARLEY Jr.

• waterdragon
  • Forum Member
  • KEEP ON GUARD FOR THE HOME FRONT!
    • billye1952@policeone.com
  • Liked:
SHOTGUN PARTS
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2007, 10:32:40 PM »

WHERE CAN I GET A FLASH MUZZLE OR COMPRESSOR ...I THINK THAT WHAT MICHAEL BANE..WAS SHOWING THO MOSSBERG  SHOTGUN. I NEED ONE FOR MY 870 REMINGTON...SURE NEED THE HELP. I TRY EVERY THING...TO FIND THAT PART.
the late j.f.k "ASK NOT WHAT THE THE COUNTRY CAN DO FOR
YOU! ASK WHAT WE CAN DO FOR THE COUNTRY!"

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2007, 01:00:16 PM »
You're probably referring to that Mossberg "Breacher" shotgun, used by cops to blow locks and hinges off doors:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976740424.htm

Aside from the fact that it looks like you have a meat tenderizer on the end of your shotgun, it is a very purpse-specific tool, i.e. to keep the muzzle of the shotugn away from the door when the breaching round is touched off. If the muzzle is against the door, there's a chance the shtgun barrel will "banana peel" as the rounds fail to exit the barrel. According to Royal Arms, there is some recoil-reduction function (a la the old Cutts Compensator) with the device on the gun. Here's the Royal Arms website:

http://www.royalarms.com/

Go to "breaching barrels." They have complete barrels and attachment breachers. Royal Arms sells to only military and active duty law enforcement, BTW, and my understanding is installing breacher stand-offs on anyone but LEO/military customers.

The Mossbergs like the ones up on GunsAmerica are civilian legal of course. The formal designation is the Mossberg TACTICAL CRUISER, #54125 (http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=5). Aside from just looking bad-ass, which I know is an issue for Don W., it'd make a pretty good car gun if you want to drive through large urban festivals next summer...

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2007, 06:43:35 PM »
The Mossbergs like the ones up on GunsAmerica are civilian legal of course. The formal designation is the Mossberg TACTICAL CRUISER, #54125 (http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=5). Aside from just looking bad-ass, which I know is an issue for Don W., it'd make a pretty good car gun if you want to drive through large urban festivals next summer...

Oooh, if only it came in wood...  :)
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

Sponsor

« Reply #55 on: Today at 08:53:29 AM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2007, 08:04:01 PM »
You're probably referring to that Mossberg "Breacher" shotgun, used by cops to blow locks and hinges off doors:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976740424.htm

Aside from the fact that it looks like you have a meat tenderizer on the end of your shotgun, it is a very purpse-specific tool, i.e. to keep the muzzle of the shotugn away from the door when the breaching round is touched off. If the muzzle is against the door, there's a chance the shtgun barrel will "banana peel" as the rounds fail to exit the barrel. According to Royal Arms, there is some recoil-reduction function (a la the old Cutts Compensator) with the device on the gun. Here's the Royal Arms website:

http://www.royalarms.com/

Go to "breaching barrels." They have complete barrels and attachment breachers. Royal Arms sells to only military and active duty law enforcement, BTW, and my understanding is installing breacher stand-offs on anyone but LEO/military customers.

Michael B

MB,

On the mossberg is the barrel changeable?  I would like to get a shotty that has an 18 for defense and and around a 24-26 for hunting.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

tombogan03884

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2008, 09:02:19 PM »
I have not read all the posts here yet, But when I got to Pathfinder's response (#20) I had to comment before I forgot. FEAR NOT Pathfinder, Those particular stores had low gun sales figures. The stores that were actually SELLING guns instead of just offering them still have guns.
  Some other thoughts, Number of hunters in this country are dropping but gun ownership and participation is going up. Hunting, the "hook and bullet crowd" seems to be only vaguely connected to the rest of the SHOOTING community, To them it's more about the animals and "the chase" Personally I bought my guns to shoot, not tote through the doggone puckerbrush after some contrary critter that decided to go through the deepest part of some god awful swamp in november in NH(BRRR:))  Then if I'm "successful" ( HA) I get to drag/carry 100+ pounds of ungainly dead contrary critter back through previously mentioned godawful COLD swamp. It's enough to make you glad you shot the son of a gun.
 But on the other hand, I'll shoot anything that goes bang, I'd fire a nuke if I had a safe back stop.   I think as the "Babyboomers get older more of them are thinking like me and its being reflected in industry stats.

tombogan03884

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2008, 09:22:31 PM »
Darn it I just found where I left off.  The supply of rifles returned to the manufacturer, were Thompson Center Arms guns. They sent back 5000 guns in June of 02 ( I think it was 02) Because T/CA had contracted for 6000 by the end of may Thats why Wally world will sell T/C accesories but they carry Traditions and Knight Guns. As for it hurting the co.  I didn't miss any overtime cuz of it. ( I was in the CNC Dept. It was the Barrel room that just could not make the numbers in the time they were given, I know as I worked through Memorial Day weekend re-straightening barrels after machining ) A slightly related thought, T/C has been making 1000+ Black powder rifles per month since the very early 60's thats ALOT of guns. Who the heck is buying them all , I don't have one and my Dad only has one. with production like that we should all have 3 or 4 and that doesn't include the half dozen Contenders and Encores we should all have

tombogan03884

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2008, 09:33:58 PM »
Snake 45 reply #29 Thompson center Mossy oak camo goes on receivers that were rejected for "Porosity" A technical term for air pockets in the castings. My source is I had to seperate porosity rejects from recievers I scrapped for other reasons. The criteria for which get remelted and which get Mossyoak is a judgment call by the individual QC. inspector who makes ABOUT $8/ hr.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk