Author Topic: Show #26 - 10/03/07 IDPA Nationals, Steven Hunter and New Giveaways  (Read 26121 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Show #26 - 10/03/07 IDPA Nationals, Steven Hunter and New Giveaways
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 08:39:57 AM »
+1 on that! :)  It just confirmed my decision to get a M&P .45 (w/safety) as my next bottomfeeder purchase.

To rub salt into Bane's wound...my first CZ-75, bought in '85, put me back about $250.  Of course, I bought it while stationed in Germany with the Army...in the States at that time they were going for 3-4 times that.

HUH?  I can get a new CZ-75 for 399.00 right now.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Revchuck

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 09:17:37 AM »
HUH?  I can get a new CZ-75 for 399.00 right now.
Right.  But back then, as MB explained during the podcast, they were produced in a Warsaw Pact country, so weren't directly importable, and had a high "unobtainium" factor.  They had to come into the country via a circuitous route and had addition import duties levied on them.  IIRC, $900-1,000 was the going price then.

The last one I bought was a "Tactical" version, bought and traded back in unfired.  I paid $300 + tax.  Life is good. :)
Regards,
Chuck

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 10:08:40 AM »
Right.  But back then, as MB explained during the podcast, they were produced in a Warsaw Pact country, so weren't directly importable, and had a high "unobtainium" factor.  They had to come into the country via a circuitous route and had addition import duties levied on them.  IIRC, $900-1,000 was the going price then.

The last one I bought was a "Tactical" version, bought and traded back in unfired.  I paid $300 + tax.  Life is good. :)

OH!  Thanks for the explanation!  Boy wouldn't that frost your behind if ya paid the big bucks then they dropped that much in price!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Drifting Fate

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2007, 03:43:03 AM »
Let's see, Stephen Hunter interview - good.

CZ 75's - very good

Giving away a custom 10/22, one of my all time favorite guns since I picked one out when I was 12 - great!

And, hey, here's my first post.  So, does that get me in?  Either way, love the podcast and please keep them coming.

kmbr45

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 10:02:30 PM »
The Hunter interview was entertaining to say the least. What I want to know is when will he be writting a Western Cowboy novel. With his gun knowledge and his ability to develop characters, I think the old west would be a great setting for a Hunter novel. Can you say Great Grandpa Swagger on the range?  ;)

Sponsor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk