Author Topic: The A to Z bill.  (Read 2656 times)

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The A to Z bill.
« on: January 26, 2008, 08:22:37 PM »
Many years ago like 1995, a couple of Congressman came up with a plan for no Pork Barrel attachments. It was called the A to Z bill and it failed miserably. I sent this to my congressman, Sean Hannity, Rush etc... and got no response, But maybe We can do something better. The Bill is simple and reads as follows, Once a bill has gone far enough to vote on, the ENTIRE bill is voted on, one article at a time, if the bill is in a hundred and one parts, then each portion is voted on. That means the congressman or senator gets to hear, each part and vote on that portion of the bill, So out of one hundred points of light, they can each vote on the specifics, and maybe MAYBERRY RFD, does not get the federally funded swimming pool attached to the housing for the homeless bill, along with the new assault weapons ban.

What say Ye?
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

tombogan03884

Re: The A to Z bill.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 09:43:12 PM »
Wouldn't that be like a line item veto for congress?

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 01:31:06 PM »
The effect would be the same, but you can't veto something that hasn't passed yet. It also makes the Senator or Congressman, hear whats in the bill.

During the crime bill, we did a phone bank, calling all of the congressman who were unsure how they would vote, or were for the bill. I got New York, I talked to the congressmans aid to the crime bill and asked why he would vote for the bill, the aid answered, " the congressman thinks we have to start somewhere" I then asked if he had read the bill, and the aid said NO. I told him it was over 1,000 pages long, and he would blanketly vote for it??   With A-Z, they will be forced to hear each and every part.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 05:01:30 PM »
Sounds like a great idea. I remember reading some where that congressmen/senators often have no clue what is in a bill they just vote the way the Aids tell them to.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk