Author Topic: Need some sights for a carry pistol......  (Read 2461 times)

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Need some sights for a carry pistol......
« on: February 14, 2017, 06:33:08 PM »
I've got Tru-Dot's on a Para Elite Commander, they're good enough, but I would like something better.  My eyes are starting to get old.  I see just fine until something is within arms reach, then I need cheaters of the +2 variety.

Whaddya got?  XS?  Speed sights?  Tru-Glo?

I'm leaning toward XS Big dot, but have no actual time in hand with them.

Help a brother out, if you are so inclined.
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Need some sights for a carry pistol......
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 08:03:31 AM »
FBG... can't really help you.. I have Heinie Slant Pros on my car, house, and competition Glocks... just plain black sights... and a factory set up on my pocket carry G42... I have factory tritium 3 green dot on a G23, but is very confusing as to which is the front sight if it pick it up without my glasses on (I have to heel it to find the front sight)... I think I'm better off with black and a light .... good luck

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 08:14:03 AM »
I would be interested as to what you do get, and how it works as well.

Right now, I am using the same as my competition sights, black rear with a fiber front. With lots of clearance around the sights. I can pick up the dot fine without my glasses (also a +2).

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 05:52:47 PM »
FBG,  I have the Big Dot and I really don't like them that much.  Easy to pick up but not fine enough for that money shot.  Also the POA-POI changed for me.  I like a plain black target type rear with a green FO front.  For my eyes, the green is a dot whereas the red FO is fuzzy.  I like the HiViz front sight but many people don't like them because they say they are too fragile which hasn't been my experience.  Dawson makes quality sights that can be matched to your POA-POI and rear notch width of different widths in combo with front sight widths.  Not having your exact same vision, I can't even begin to say what will work for you.

Good Luck

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk