Author Topic: 30 round AR mags in stock and $18 +- each.  (Read 3853 times)

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Best Wishes, Mike.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: 30 round AR mags in stock and $18 +- each.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 04:17:21 AM »
I think this is already starting to die down. This type of panic never lasts. The prices are dropping already, and more and more dealers are having all of this stuff come back into stock, as the pipeline gets replenished. I just got the new monthly flyer from Natchez Shooters Supply yesterday. Ammo prices are only up around a buck a box, and everything is in stock. In fact they had Seller & Bellot .45 ACP, 230 Gr. FMJ for just $16.95 a box. That's over $2.00 a box CHEAPER than before Sandy Hook. The thing is a lot of these manufacturers were already working extended production hours. So it's not like it was back in 2008 when production was relaxed, then demand suddenly skyrocketed.

The fact that this is the second time around for this type of panic means a lot of people are backing down, or else are flat out not buying into the mass hysteria. It's mostly being fed by the younger mall ninja types. They're the first to run out of money.

Also, many are out of money considering the Christmas shopping season just ended. It's not just guns. My wife and I just bought a 65" LCD "Smart TV" for just $1,398.00. It's the latest and greatest model. We saw the same set in early December going for over $1,900.00. A lot of people are broke, and consumer spending is taking a big hit across the board.

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 07:17:17 AM »
All true Bill, I didn't buy any of the mags. (as I have a bunch!) - What brand of TV did you decide upon? we too are due for a new one.
Best Wishes, Mike.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 07:52:10 AM »
All true Bill, I didn't buy any of the mags. (as I have a bunch!) - What brand of TV did you decide upon? we too are due for a new one.

I bought a Vizio. This one:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vizio-65-Class-LED-1080p-120Hz-refresh-rate-HDTV-M650VSE/21311921

The reason I went with them, is we have over a dozen of them on our shop floor, all hooked up to different computers. They are in the absolute worst possible environment for electronics. Dirty, lots of oily mist from coolant, and several are attached directly to the machines where they are subjected to constant vibration. In the 3 years we've had them they are on 24/7 and not one has failed. That sold me on the brand.

If you get one make sure it's a "Smart TV". They have Wi-Fi built in and you can access You Tube, Twitter, Netflix, and a bunch of other Internet sites. The remote is 2 sided. One side is conventional with channel up or down, and the same with volume, etc. The other side is set up like a miniature keyboard for using the Wi-Fi.

The picture is unbelievable! In 1080P on a 65" screen it's unreal the detail you can see. Right down to the pores of the skin on anchor women's faces! I'm going to upgrade my cable service to digital now that we've got a TV that can take advantage of it. That should make it even better.

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 08:38:56 AM »
Thanks Bill! - your opinion is much appreciated.
Best Wishes, Mike.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:26:48 AM »

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 12:07:23 PM »
I agree with billt, but it has not spread consistantly across the board. Some dealers like having panic buyers pay 3 to 4 times what something was a month ago.

Most online dealers haven't dropped their prices if it still doesn't say "Out Of Stock".

Thanks for the link Bic, I'm good on mags also.

I too love my 52" Vizio. ::)

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk