Author Topic: Classic joke thread...  (Read 1367748 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
Re: Classic joke thread...
« Reply #5730 on: January 22, 2024, 08:10:11 AM »
He should be fined for wearing socks with sandals. I'm sure that violates some kind of law.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #5731 on: January 22, 2024, 11:02:58 AM »
 8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #5732 on: January 22, 2024, 07:52:15 PM »
Peg - That is too true to be a joke.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5733 on: January 25, 2024, 08:51:00 PM »
I saw this on some site, I don't recall where. It was on T-shirts they sold IIRC. Safety first? Nah. Safety third.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #5734 on: January 26, 2024, 09:55:29 AM »
Probably came from some theater tech.

If safety was the first priority you’d never get anything done.  Nor own a bathtub or a ladder.

Mission is first.  Without a goal why do anything?
Budget is second.  How much money, assets and labor you got to work with.
Then given those constraints how can you accomplish it safely.

It’s not throwing safety out the window.  It’s evaluating the whole situation.  Sometimes the answer is “you can’t” so then you go back to make modifications to the goal or the budget. 

Think of it as that trade-off triangle.  Goal/mission on one point, budget on another and safety on the third.  Where do you put the intersection.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #5735 on: Today at 12:40:49 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5735 on: January 26, 2024, 10:13:48 AM »
Nowhere in these triangles does it mention safety. There's not room for it when the only thing that matters is production. You need to hit those numbers!

I think it was Ford who said Quality is Job 1. Safety wasn't their first priority either.

When I worked for GM it was:
  1. Production. Numbers.
  2. Quality. Good enough.
  3. Safety. Safe enough.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #5736 on: January 26, 2024, 11:33:12 AM »
Corey from Corey Wheat Customs on youtube says that a lot....Safey Third.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5737 on: January 27, 2024, 12:02:37 AM »
Corey from Corey Wheat Customs on youtube says that a lot....Safey Third.

I liked that sign but it was too small, so 12 hours and one extremely sore wrist later, I have a bigger sign. It was 4800x4800 pixels but I cut it down to 2000x2000. That's big enough.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5738 on: January 27, 2024, 12:19:10 AM »
I just resized the picture to fit my cell phone. New home screen in 3, 2, 1.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5739 on: January 28, 2024, 10:27:00 AM »
I saw this picture of bats on a cave ceiling today and it reminded me of the Batman logo, so I overlaid the logo on the picture. It was a 1920x1080 image, perfect for my desktop, but I resized it 75% so I could post it. Here's a picture of the bats alone too. I posted the pic here because I thought it was funny that the bats arranged themselves this way, and I didn't want to start a new thread. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk