Author Topic: Ammo Prices Post-Election  (Read 13640 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
Ammo Prices Post-Election
« on: November 09, 2016, 06:38:58 AM »
22 LR had dried up, some of the 5.56 and 7.62 prices seemed stubbornly higher with 9MM and other bulk pistol trending with the rifle ammo.

If we see more ammo available, especially 22 LR and lower overall pricing, we'll know the dealers were stocked up for post election blitz and may now need to liquidate post-election to avoid holding the bag on stock that will be available more cheaply in the future. 

So if availability goes up and prices go down this week it will be a clue for me to wait for the next shipments from the manufacturers to hit the suppliers for possibly even lower pricing.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: Ammo Prices Post-Election
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 11:07:37 AM »
We can hope.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 04:47:59 PM »
Ammo seems to be plentiful and reasonably priced around here.  Didn't really check .22.  I will have a better idea Saturday when I finally get to a gun show again.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 03:59:03 AM »
......If we see more ammo available, especially 22 LR and lower overall pricing, we'll know the dealers were stocked up for post election blitz and may now need to liquidate post-election to avoid holding the bag on stock that will be available more cheaply in the future.....

It appears it's already happening. CDNN is offering 5 FREE P-Mags with every AR-15 purchase. (Good prices on AR's as well). So you know they're stocked to the rafters with both. No way they would be offering that if Clinton had won.

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=99c3876c30b42968d4190988b&id=f0051ff372&e=c4f33ff264

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 06:09:42 AM »
Looks like it Bill.  I'm going to the big Wanenmacher's Gun Show this afternoon.  I'll get a good gauge on where we are headed but...I think we already know.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:11:23 PM »

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 05:44:52 PM »
Just visited a gun show today.  Lots of stuff everywhere and at reasonable prices.  .22 Ammo also.  I know a guy who has 10000 to sell but shipping might be a bit much!  LOL

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 07:04:17 AM »
Went to the gun show yesterday.  Traffic down about 40-50%. 

Saw 22 LR cheaper than online prices at individual's tables.  Ammo dealer prices for centerfire were down from before but not quite to some of the bulk providers online. 

Guns in general weren't moving.  Used beater double barrel shotguns were moving. 

The pricing was definitely Trump pricing.  Yet every seller was happy it was Trump pricing and not wicked witch pricing.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 07:17:20 AM »
Trump's win, especially when connected to both wins in the House and Senate, have really settled things down. I would have hated to see what it would have been like under the bitch. I think she would have triggered an even bigger scare than Obama did in 2008. And that was bad.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 06:18:57 AM »
Online prices are not really falling yet.  I suppose it will take a couple of weeks. 

Now, I'd like to know your opinion, but I'm thinking hold pat until next year on any bulk purchases.  It should take a couple of weeks for the sellers to start seeing the product piling up (assuming that's true) and then a few more weeks afterwards for the manufacturer's to see what's what.

Then there is Christmas sales and then we'll have the first real drop afterwards.  That will mostly be dealer stock.

It will take 2-5 months after that for manufacturer prices to bottom out.

Whaddya' think?

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 06:51:50 AM »
Online prices are not really falling yet.  I suppose it will take a couple of weeks. 

Now, I'd like to know your opinion, but I'm thinking hold pat until next year on any bulk purchases.  It should take a couple of weeks for the sellers to start seeing the product piling up (assuming that's true) and then a few more weeks afterwards for the manufacturer's to see what's what.

Then there is Christmas sales and then we'll have the first real drop afterwards.  That will mostly be dealer stock.

It will take 2-5 months after that for manufacturer prices to bottom out.

Whaddya' think?

I think you're wise to wait.... At least until after Christmas. Between Trump's victory, and people being spent out after all the Christmas buying, there will be deals galore. I'm guessing around mid January we'll start seeing some real bargains in both guns and ammunition.

Trump already mentioned on his 60 Minutes interview, how he intends to pick Supreme Court Justices that will protect the Second Amendment. Each time he does that it puts more comfort in the minds of gun owners. That will translate to less demand and lower prices as buyers no longer feel threatened. At least to nowhere near the degree they did under Obama. This whole gun sales thing has been hot and heavy for a long time. It's due to relax for a while. Now with Trump in place, it will. My only worry is with the left going so far off the rails, I pray nothing happens to him.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk