Author Topic: The Transfer Is Complete  (Read 8798 times)

tombogan03884

Re: The Transfer Is Complete
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2017, 07:12:52 AM »
I've said it before, if JFK came back and said "Ask not what your country can do for you..." the dems would shoot him in the head again.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2017, 07:37:37 AM »
I've said it before, if JFK came back and said "Ask not what your country can do for you..." the dems would shoot him in the head again.

They are a party that cannot learn from their own mistakes. The last economically successful President they had was Clinton. They've been sinking ever since. Even he started out too far left. That ended when he lost both Houses, after ramming both the Assault Weapons Ban through, and supporting the Brady Law, along with it's passage. He then dropped gun control like a hot brick, changed to a more center right position, and had a successful Presidency, sex scandals and all. He reduced Welfare, and the economy boomed almost immediately. The Dow rose from 3310.00 to 10,940.50, a total of 230.5% from when he took office, to when he left.

I'm not saying it's directly because of his policies, but he was the last Democratic President to adjust to the right with positive results. Even today he has called Obama Care, "The craziest thing I've ever seen!" Instead of embracing his political style and success, the Democrats have rejected him, and want even more of Obama. Which is all his wife was, along with her screaming acute liberalism all the way. If they were the one's who truly killed Kennedy in the 60's, their constituents, along with Obama and Hillary, have murdered their entire party in the new millennium.   

tombogan03884

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2017, 07:43:17 AM »
Clinton wasn't "economically successful".
 He benefitted from 12 years of Reagan and Bush and having his budget controlled by Republicans.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2017, 07:49:30 AM »
Clinton wasn't "economically successful".
 He benefitted from 12 years of Reagan and Bush and having his budget controlled by Republicans.

Perhaps, but he benefitted from it. In politics perception is everything. Clinton was and is perceived as "successful". It happened when he was sitting in the chair. That's all people remember. You still have people who credit Roosevelt's "New Deal" for getting us out of the Great Depression. When it was in fact WW II.

tombogan03884

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2017, 08:18:21 AM »
Actually it was the car makers buying up all the local transit systems, forcing people to buy cars.
 It was one very important point in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit".

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 02:32:28 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2017, 11:09:33 AM »
BillT touched on something important that we have lost.  Traditionally wars put our nation back in order.  We came together as a unit to support and defend, and we sacrificed to get through it.  What would happen if we faced the rationing and change in product availability we did during WWII and all wars prior.    Since 1950, we have not come together as a nation in support of the common good, and we are enough generations down the road that most do not even begin to understand what it means to serve the greater good.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2017, 12:22:41 PM »
The millennial's have all been indoctrinated to think there is no war necessary enough to fight. If Hitler had rose to power today, we would all be speaking German. On the plus side there would be no Democrats, because there would be no minorities to support the party.     

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2017, 02:55:43 PM »
My wife's family is Mennonite.  The emigrated from Friesland (now Poland) after having lived under Russian rule.  They fled leaving everything behind that they could not carry while literally running on foot.

The Mennonites are pacifists and believe in non-resistance.  One Sunday noon when the in-laws were all home and at our house for dinner, some in my wife's generation were ripping Pres. GHWB over his decisions on the Persian Gulf.  Father-in-law, in his typical quiet manor, slowly and lowly said that there comes a time, Hitler HAD to be stopped, and what is happening over there today is a sin that must be addressed.

Father-In-Law did not serve in WWII, including any alternative service like his brothers did, because he was the youngest of 13 children, and in an era of labor intensive farms with no machinery he was waived to stay home and operate the farm.  He often shared about what it took to increase production in that time to support the world wide effort.  He also talks of going without so the soldiers would have something, and doing anything and everything to keep equipment working, because farm equipment was hard to come by at that time.  While some complained about black outs for security, he said it was a non-issue for them, because they had no electricity and not enough "oil" ration to waste on lanterns in the house when the animals needed care.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2017, 01:56:57 PM »
BillT touched on something important that we have lost.  Traditionally wars put our nation back in order.  We came together as a unit to support and defend, and we sacrificed to get through it.  What would happen if we faced the rationing and change in product availability we did during WWII and all wars prior.    Since 1950, we have not come together as a nation in support of the common good, and we are enough generations down the road that most do not even begin to understand what it means to serve the greater good.

What party is ALWAYS the one leading the "anti war" movement, or obstructing the actual solving of international problems like Iran or N Korea. ?
And it dates back to the very roots of the party in 1812.
And which party has caused most of our wars by allowing minor problems to fester and grow, or doing the wrong thing ?
Just saying.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk