Author Topic: Mine's Bigger  (Read 972 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Mine's Bigger
« on: November 25, 2013, 05:52:30 PM »
Fake gun in a robber's hand versus a real gun in a store clerk's hand equals foiled robbery....complete with Dirty Harry-esqe tag-line.

‘Mine’s bigger’ story goes viral; Seattle anti-gunners silent

Saturday night’s confrontation at a Seattle mini-mart between a would-be robber with an apparent fake gun and a gutsy clerk with a real one has gone viral since first reported yesterday, but Seattle anti-gunners, including outgoing Mayor Mike McGinn, are noticeably silent.

That probably would not be the case had the clerk been shot, as that outcome would have been exploited as proof of the need for passage of a 15-page gun control initiative now gathering signatures. Gun prohibitionists are typically tongue-tied when this sort of story pops up.

But everybody else seems to be talking about store clerk Robert Moore, who had what appears to be an older model Dan Wesson revolver, in the right place at the right time. Reports on KOMO and in the Seattle Times and Seattle P-I.com might earn Moore the “Dirty Harry” award for hutzpah.

What the press seems to be missing about this story that gun owners aren’t missing is that a gun is a great deterrent to crime, and that handguns can be very useful when faced with a criminal act. Moore told reporters that two unidentified thugs came in about 10 p.m. at the Morning Star Mini Mart wearing ski masks. One reportedly told him “This is a robbery.”

Moore, quoted by the Seattle P-I.com, reportedly realized that the gun in one robber’s hand did not look real. Bad news for the bad guys because the gun Moore had was real, and he told the armed suspect, “I have a bigger one than you do.”

Remember that scene in “Crocodile Dundee” when the knife-wielding punk in New York confronted Aussie Mick Dundee (played by Paul Hogan)? “That’s not a knife,” says Dundee, who pulls a rather large Bowie and declares, “Now, that’s a knife.”

It was probably the biggest laugh moment in the film, although in real life, Dundee would have been facing a felony charge for carrying a shank like that in the Big Apple.

Seattle, despite efforts by McGinn and his anti-gun colleagues to make it so, is not New York. People like Mr. Moore, who earn their money honestly rather than by robbing others, can still show the business end of a handgun to some outlaw and not worry about being pilloried by the local prosecutor.

That this incident happened in Seattle is ironic, because it clearly demonstrates a counter to McGinn’s “gun free zone” strategy. Window decals are not nearly as impressive as the muzzle of a .357 Magnum.

As for the two would-be robbers, they’re still out there somewhere, perhaps still drying out their undies and maybe reconsidering their career choices.

http://www.examiner.com/article/mine-s-bigger-story-goes-viral-seattle-anti-gunners-silent
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk