Author Topic: Collecting gun related stuff  (Read 5889 times)

1776 Rebel

Collecting gun related stuff
« on: August 10, 2008, 04:18:59 PM »
For those out there that have not seen George Carlin and his routine on "stuff", it is a riot. Well worth five minutes of your life to laugh out loud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac

Now here is my question. I find myself with 40 years of American Rifleman magazines in the basement. Also a good number of  the other rags also. A collection of gun brochures that takes up boxes and boxes. I am also on a mission to collect NRA Annual Meeting "stuff" (especially ceramic mugs). Duck stamps are up there. A few hanging on my wall which drives the wife and kids crazy.

I know I am a pack rat but was wondering how many others are doing the same? What else besides guns have you been "collecting" in hopes of having "every one of them" ?

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Collecting gun related stuff
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 04:39:24 PM »
Uh,.. that would be a "No Comment". My wife calls it "Area 51" she doesn't know what I need to have in "my shop behind the garage" ;D

I also have "the realm" which is a portion of the attic, next to the holiday "stuff".

She doesn't even go to the "man room" upstairs anymore. Its my office, study, studio, and a  "place to store things" ;) 8) ::)

But, I am hoping the DRTV forum, can come through and have a huge yard sale, at a central location, and do George Carlin proud,

buy and sell our "stuff"!

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 04:53:51 PM »
Uh,.. that would be a "No Comment". My wife calls it "Area 51" she doesn't know what I need to have in "my shop behind the garage" ;D

I also have "the realm" which is a portion of the attic, next to the holiday "stuff".

She doesn't even go to the "man room" upstairs anymore. Its my office, study, studio, and a  "place to store things" ;) 8) ::)

But, I am hoping the DRTV forum, can come through and have a huge yard sale, at a central location, and do George Carlin proud,

buy and sell our "stuff"!

More like "Redistribute " our stuff  ;D

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 05:31:12 PM »
Alright, but I want my gun photos back,.....

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 05:43:24 PM »
What else besides guns have you been "collecting" in hopes of having "every one of them" ?

Holsters........ ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:56:25 PM »

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 06:27:05 PM »
Patches, T-shirts and HATS.  I have a huge box of patches from military, law enforcement, fire, EMS and Boy Scout units, events, and places.  Then the collection of hats that went around the room and half filled the closet.  The shirts are split similarly, military, police/EMS, and shooting.  I can almost wear a different combination shooting/military hat and shirt every day for a month!

Of course the box of holsters keeps growing too :o
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 08:12:33 PM »
Handloader magazine going back to 1976 I think, Gun digest and shooters bibles going back to the late 40,s, holsters and speedloaders aplenty,antique handloading equipment, and old loading manuals. I like period posters and tin posters. Remakes are fine. I do have some very cool patches from the Olympic trials and so forth, some from manufactures like alliant, Hercules, Winchester etc...  Maybe we should do a garage sale here.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 08:14:14 PM »
I think I am among friends here, so I will divulge this passion - RCMP memorabilia. That's right, the Mounties, wanna make something of it??

I even have a full red serge uniform, holster, and 2 pairs of the Strathcona boots. Way cool. No Stetson though, nor the Sam Brown belt, and the uniform would have fit me in my 20's, not now.

Wait a minute, this isn't the posting site I thought it was, it's DRTV!

OMG, I am so dead!  :o  :o  :o

Oh well, bring it on.   ;D
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

leatherman92

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 09:21:35 PM »
brass lot of brass .308 mainly
One riot,one redneck

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1112
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 08:09:44 PM »
I don't really collect anything besides guns, and not many of them either, with one exception. I haven't missed a Guns & Ammo ANNUAL since 1977. I was in highschool when I got the first couple of issues. It was hard to find them in the army and even harder to find after I got home. They're well read and worn with no value to most people but they're all mine.  :)

I keep my American Riflemans for about a decade. I can fit 2 years worth in each of 6 magazine boxes on a bookshelf. When it's time to start filling a new one, the oldest year or two has to go. I used to give them to guys at work but now I take them to doctors and dentists offices.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk