Author Topic: The Elderly to Be Tracked Like Animals  (Read 9012 times)

1776 Rebel

Re: The Elderly to Be Tracked Like Animals
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 08:01:05 PM »
M58 tks...I also agree that gov't should have absolutely NO ability to do anything like electronic monitoring of any type. Family decisions should be left to family, period.

I have less fears about RF tags. Totally passive and most scenarios (like the pet tags) only carry an id character string. So a-no active monitoring and b-you have to have access to the database of id's which are linked to further info. A freaking ankle monitor pinging away 24x7 is more scary to me. But a family might decide that is ok. Never the gov't.

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 09:50:40 PM »
Can you help me understand why you are againist an RF chip implant?

Because where I go is no ones business but my own. I do agree that the families of "impaired" seniors may want to consider something of this sort.
Making it mandatory would, in my opinion, be one of those "line in the sand" type acts by a govt.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 09:53:18 PM »
Agreed, Tom.  I will make the decision / choice but I will not be dictated to.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2009, 11:14:13 PM »
Rebel,

Remember that the rf chips that are talked about for children and adults would not be the low power ones like animal identification.  The proposed chips, and they are available and in people on a test basis today, work with GPS and track you.  A central station is able to follow your every move.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2009, 11:51:09 PM »
Rebel,

Remember that the rf chips that are talked about for children and adults would not be the low power ones like animal identification.  The proposed chips, and they are available and in people on a test basis today, work with GPS and track you.  A central station is able to follow your every move.

they already can do that with cell phones.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 10:01:04 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1112
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 12:07:25 AM »

Just one of a few good reasons not to get one.

If everyone get's tagged they can quit asking where's Waldo.  ::)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 12:07:54 AM »

Even if they are turned off, unless the battery is out.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 12:26:34 AM »
which is a very good thing if you have a teen ager.... not so much for every one else.

One of the best things I ever did was getting rid of my cell.  I still have one in the truck( no service), but thats only so I can dail 911 if needed.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 05:53:28 AM »
RF chips...hey what's the problem?  Not only the elderly, but people with six toes should be tracked.  Everyone knows people with six toes are dangerous.  Like those dang gun owners...we need to include an RF tag in every firearm...the government isn't going to take them from law abiding gun owners.  It would only be used to help eliminate crime..so it's good, right?  Don't you get that?  Why would you not be for something that's good and eliminates crime....you aren't anti-American are you?   

No, don't worry, as long as you don't do anything bad it won't matter.  Oh, and it's impossible to link all of those RF receivers at the doors of Wal Mart, Dillards, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. to track your movements....we won't put them on gasoline pumps and in restaurants.  Don't worry...trust us.  We won't misuse them.  We will only put them on bad people.  There are no plans to put receivers on subways, stadiums or city streets at this time.  Yes, there was some consideration to make RF tags mandatory on people who have written letters to their senators and congressman, but that was shelved....we're only going to make people who have written angry letters to the White House get them...not normal people like you and me...only the ones that wrote inflammatory letters that threaten what our government needs to do.

You do support your government, don't you?   ???

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 06:07:00 AM »
You do support your government, don't you?   ???

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk