Author Topic: DRR 334 Africa.  (Read 13906 times)

Sean LeMasters

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: DRR 334 Africa.
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 03:34:19 PM »

Here is a quick test to see if I did it right.

Sean LeMasters

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 03:37:31 PM »
That worked, I'll load more up tonight. Thanks for the Photobucket tip, that made things a lot easier!

Sean LeMasters

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 08:43:29 AM »
Here's a few, didn't figure posting 1200+ pics would be a good idea  ;D

Before:

After:

Another before:

And after:

Here's two my wife "shot" on our third day out:

Oh Hai!

Our Chalet for 5 days

The main lodge

You wouldn't think May in South Africa would be wools socks and campfire weather.

All said and done I can't recommend http://www.wildgamesafaris.com/ in South Africa highly enough, they really went out of their way to make sure our hunt was the best it could be.

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 08:55:13 AM »
Now that's just cool!
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

marzie

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 01:22:20 PM »
Wow, great pics! The more I hear about Africa and the more pictures I see, I am starting to think I would really enjoy a hunting trip there. 

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 10:34:42 PM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 04:34:34 PM »
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

jpr9954

• Active Forum Member
    • No Lawyers - Only Guns and Money
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2013, 09:36:51 PM »
@Sean:

Is that a suppressor on your rifle in the first of the "after" pictures? If so, did you have trouble taking that to S. Africa with you?

Thanks
So-called gun-free zones are nothing but hunting preserves for psychopaths that hunt humans. -- Massad Ayoob

http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com

Co-host of The Polite Society Podcast

Sean LeMasters

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2013, 09:47:58 PM »
It is a suppressor but I rented the gun from the PH and that's his suppressor. I figured for the cost it made more sense for me to rent a gun than to bother with all the paperwork. We were talking about gun laws when they found out I worked at a gun store, it turns out that even though it takes them over a year to get a gun they can just walk in and buy a suppressor just like they were buying a scope or a sling, no problem, just pay and go. Just goes to show that even though we get gun laws mostly right, there is a lot that America gets wrong.

tombogan03884

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 06:16:02 AM »
Awesome photos Sean

DBC

• Forum Member
    • DBC
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2013, 08:37:51 PM »
Truly one of my all time favorite podcasts, and it came to me at the perfect time.

I have wanted to go to Africa since I can remember.  I just like the idea of being out there, getting African dirt on my boots.  I want to see it all...experience it all.  I want to hunt the same ground where the very first people hunted.  But I always relegated the idea to the realm of fantasy...I never believed I could afford to go.

But just a couple of weeks before the podcast, I had been talking to a buddy of mine who said he wanted to hunt Africa, and I shared with him my lifelong dream, and that I had always considered it just that...a dream.

My friend challenged me to come with him, and start saving now...even just a little bit every month...and we'll see where we're at in 5 years.  So I started a special Africa savings account, and I'm working on it.  I don't know how realistic my chances are of pulling it off, but I have decided to try.

Then along came Michael's podcast...right when I needed it.  It brought Africa to life in my mind, and re-ignited the desire to go.  I listen to Michael's Africa stories over and over to remind myself why I want to do this...I want some Africa stories of my own.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk