Author Topic: This is what happens when I'm left unsupervised  (Read 8537 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
Re: This is what happens when I'm left unsupervised
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2017, 01:42:20 PM »
Gotta use the second  knuckle as a fulcrum.  I can open a beer with just about anything.  Too many years behind the bar...
The problem with the water bottle is the soft plastic giving way.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2017, 01:43:38 PM »
A bottle opener IS part of me EDC, it's called whatever is in my pocket...

The nicked up end o my Kershaw, fer example!
I use up the spine of my knife with the blade closed.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2017, 01:44:58 PM »
Fair warning about using your wedding ring:  If the ring bends while opening the bottle it takes a ring cutter to get it off.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2017, 01:45:38 PM »
Between the C note or the boobs, the C note is probably far less expensive.
always is...has been and will be.

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2017, 01:46:42 PM »
just a thought, you either are not married or stole that hundy from your wifes purse.   all married men know hundred dollar bills are fake.  her money is her money, my money is her money.

Driving cash!  It had been over six weeks since I was last in Chicago, so I had just over $1,000 in receipts. 

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:19:42 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2017, 01:54:00 PM »
my wife does not  know( and doesn';t want) what I have or make.   I bet she would be pissed if she did know.  very early on in the marriage she asked if we could file jointly. "no"  then we spent the next 2 hours going over just that month of expenses for my construction company.   she had no idea.   Now its several times over worse   ;D
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2017, 04:15:57 PM »
I used to have 3 Buck Whittaker knives with matching blue aluminum handles but lost one.

The big one was a Revolution with a revolving blade but I lost it. When the blade is closed the other end has a bottle opener and a clip so you can clip it to your belt loop like a carabiner. I found some pictures of it open, closed, and half-way open on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002VIKDG/ref=cm_sw_r_pi_dp_AMjevb1C5ZJXP

The mid-size one is a Short Approach which I carry with a caribiner on my belt loop or in my pocket depending on my mood. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buck-B752BLX-B-Small-Blue-Approach-Pocket-Knife-NIB-B-752-BLX-NOS-/142339358284?hash=item2124163e4c:g:tLwAAOSw03lY7sWW

The baby of the family is the Metro which isn't much more than a bottle opener with a 1.125" blade. At 1.5 ounces and less than 2.5" overall length it disappears in a pocket.
https://www.amazon.com/Buck-Knives-Pocket-Bottle-Opener/dp/B000EI0W74?th=1
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2017, 07:21:23 PM »
I use up the spine of my knife with the blade closed.

Used the Kershaw today at lunch to open a Mexican bottled Sprite!

Tough cap....

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2017, 10:40:51 PM »
I just opened a Henry's hard soda with a bottle opener that sticks on the fridge door. It's a twist off cap but I don't want to strain my delicate little hands.   ;D   
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2017, 11:25:33 PM »
I just opened a Henry's hard soda with a bottle opener that sticks on the fridge door. It's a twist off cap but I don't want to strain my delicate little hands.   ;D

Weenie!

It's about the journey, not the destination

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk