Author Topic: NEW GUN -- Hudson H9 US Made 9MM Pistol  (Read 3701 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 576
NEW GUN -- Hudson H9 US Made 9MM Pistol
« on: August 05, 2017, 09:03:50 AM »
Have any of you been around a Hudson H9 or someone who has?  It's supposed to have a low bore axis which appeals to me and a "1911 like" trigger in a striker package.  It's pricey but maybe it's worth it.?.?.?.

http://www.hudsonmfg.com/

http://gundata.org/blog/post/hudson-h9-american-made-9mm/

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/01/jeremy-s/hudson-h9-details-released/

http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2017/01/hudson-h9/#hudson-h9-1

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
Re: NEW GUN -- Hudson H9 US Made 9MM Pistol
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 02:56:46 PM »
From the first pictures I saw I thought it was great looking. It looks like the quality is very high. Thanks to your links I know more about it than I did before. One thing I noticed was that the press release said it "boasts a stainless-steel slide, insert chassis and barrel". That sounds like it's a polymer frame with a stainless steel insert, but on their website it clearly states all steel construction. Maybe they initially planned on making a plastic fantastic pistol and changed their minds. The 1911 type trigger pull of less than 1/8" is a great selling point.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 04:59:14 PM »
What color are you getting your Hudson in?  Blue, Green, Black or Brown?

Not so seriously now.   Looks neat.  Also not clear about whether it comes apart like the Sig P320.  Are the grips totally replaceable or just the side panel and backstrap?

All Steel.  MSRP of $1,147.   
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 09:00:25 PM »
Alf I dunno.  I'm going to check with an FFL buddy tomorrow about getting one!!!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 09:12:53 PM »
Nice car Alf. I seem to recall the Hudson Brothers having one on one of their TV shows. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson_Brothers

I think the grip panels and back-strap are the only parts of the grip that can be changed on the H9. The picture where the grips were off looked like a 1911 in that regard.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:46:40 PM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 01:06:41 PM »
I think the grip panels and back-strap are the only parts of the grip that can be changed on the H9. The picture where the grips were off looked like a 1911 in that regard.

I think marketing stretched the language just a bit with this headline.

INTERCHANGEABLE GRIPS

Then you read the verbage:

For some it’s about function and for others it’s about style. Either way, the Hudson H9 makes it easy to change the look and feel of the pistol quickly and easily with interchangeable grip panels.

Just changing our 1911 side panels, in my opinion, is stretching the meaning of look and feel. 

The Sig P250/320 are interchangeable grips.  Revolvers have interchangeable grips.  Just offering a little palm swell or slight change to side panel thickness...  not so much.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 02:46:33 PM »
I agree Alf. Interchangeable "grips" and "grip panels" really are two different things.

Some 1911 grip panels will significantly change the feel but not as much as changing the entire grip would. I have a pair of 1911 grips that I haven't measured the thickness of but they must be thicker than average because it gives the grip a much rounder feel.

There are 1911 slim grips that will change the feel too but the trigger reach is going to close to the same no matter which grips you use, thin, standard, or thick. And changing mainspring housings makes nowhere near the difference of changing back-straps on pistols with truly interchangeable grips.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 12:02:54 PM »
I asked an FFL friend to price a Hudson for me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk