Author Topic: OTOOL Titanium Multifunctional Butterfly Fork OBA01  (Read 419 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
OTOOL Titanium Multifunctional Butterfly Fork OBA01
« on: January 29, 2024, 02:10:50 AM »
I already have a couple of genuine Benchmade Bali-Songs, but I didn't have a butterfly fork to go with my butterfly knives. So I bought an OTOOL Titanium Multifunctional Butterfly Fork OBA01 from Obuy. The bottle openers on both sides of the fork really hurt the back of my finger when I flipped it open, like they hit a nerve, so I took the fork off the handles and ground them off. It took so much grinding, I have to readjust the tool rests on my bench grinder. Titanium is no joke, people! It's seriously hard to work. After grinding it I used a 120 grit wheel on my angle grinder to try to clean up the mess it made, then tore a quarter sheet of 120 grit sandpaper in half and sanded it by hand until the paper just wasn't cutting it anymore. It's not perfect. One side is fairly straight and the other side is rounded outward, and there are still some grinder marks in the edges if you look closely enough. But it's good enough. It still hurts my finger to do double flips, but not as bad, so I'll have to practice single flips. It has Latch-Free Magnetic Closure: Magnetic locks keep the handles closed and open. A glass breaker sticks out when it's closed, and it has hex wrenches built  into the fork. It was a real PITA to get all 8 Stainless Steel Pivot washers, and all 4 sets of ball bearings back in place to put the pins through and screw it together. Some Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil helped things stick together. It's a sticky oil. When I was done working on it I washed the fork as I washed my hands. I haven't used the fork, so I don't know if the Gunpowder soap left an aftertaste. If it does, it won't be the first time I had soap in my mouth. Or should I say, my *&^%$#@! mouth?  ;D  Too bad I can't bead blast it to get the surface finish back after all that sanding.

https://us.obuy.com/otool-titanium-multifunctional-butterfly-fork-oba01
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk