Author Topic: Whats dangerous about a set of grips and a fibre optic sight? (Rant Time)  (Read 4473 times)

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Start Rant:

I probably should have titled this thread "what P1$$E$ me off"

I have just purchased another Ruger Pistol (my 3rd) so knowing that I cant buy accessories like pac-lite barrels etc I though I would at least upgrade the sighs a little and get some ruger factory aluminium grips, went to the Ruger Shop and tried to order it only to be told that they are a restricted item, like WTF! I mean I have the thing that goes BANG all I want is another sight and grips am I going to throw them at some one and poke out an eye?
The good news I suppose if there is any is that they will let me buy the Ruger Holster for it, (but not grips???) well they can stick the thing were the sun dont shine, I will get one made locally.
I nearly feel like taking the thing back to my dealer as I have not even used it and buying the Hammerli Trailside instead.  >:(

Who runs Ruger these days Obama?

End Rant:

Must be time for breakfast, getting mad makes one hungry. Have a good day y'all!
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Sledge,

I would think that Ruger has dammed all little to do with the rules.  It is either the US or OZ that is causing the restriction.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Under my heading of "You've got to be shitting me Pyle"! Thus quoth the Gunny. If its Oz laws, do they prohibit you from buying from the dealer or just buying period? This sounds like a dumb question but its not. Often feirearms manufactures are placed under more restrictive laws than other dealers or just choose to CYA more to avoid any hassel. Try an after market sale. Failing that if private transfers are legal, you might get a hookup here. Mind you, only if its legal. I want to see Oz, but not from D block. ;)
FQ13

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
Sledge,

I would think that Ruger has dammed all little to do with the rules.  It is either the US or OZ that is causing the restriction.

You know I could beleive that if all companies abided by the same rules, it just seems to me and hell I could be wrong, but if some can sell me a trigger kit (actual firearm part) then why cant another sell me a set of grips?
I have purchased for eg: mags from brownells before, mounts etc through others, compensators etc  Hell I can buy a stock for a rifle if I wanted to from other suppliers in the US queue twighlight theme....
I guess I am just getting grumpy in my old age, or maybe it was the old video clip of twisted sisters "were not gonna take it anymore" which has got me riled up LOL
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Sledge,

Neither the US or OZ(?AZ?) restrict handgun grips or fiber optic from other retailers. This sounds like a Ruger problem.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

Sponsor

mosbear

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
Hey, Sledge!

Buy direct from the Ruger's online store. Australia is on the list of countries when you'll come to the checkout address forms.
Shipping charge could be a bitch thou  >:(

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
Under my heading of "You've got to be shitting me Pyle"! Thus quoth the Gunny. If its Oz laws, do they prohibit you from buying from the dealer or just buying period? This sounds like a dumb question but its not. Often feirearms manufactures are placed under more restrictive laws than other dealers or just choose to CYA more to avoid any hassel. Try an after market sale. Failing that if private transfers are legal, you might get a hookup here. Mind you, only if its legal. I want to see Oz, but not from D block. ;)
FQ13

Oz gunlaws although stoopid, do permit you to buy parts from the US for "legal Firearms" as long as one has the right form filled out, but these to not classify as a active rirearm part, ie not required to make one operate.
I think youre on the money with the "CYA" to avoid the hassle. Its just damn annoying.
I wouldnt expect any one to risk their ass on my behalf for what is purely a cosmetic choice, lol although psssst would love a new barrel for my Charger  ;) ;) LOL (joking!).
If you want to see oz I suggest getting here in a leaky boat, pretend to speak arabic, ooga booga and smell like camel dung, we seem to have no probs acceping these types in to the country of late. The will even give you money, housing, food, education etc Of course if you immigrate legally then you have to pay a few hundred $$ and prove you wont be a burden to society!

PS Love the Gunny too, his vids crack me up fierce!

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
Hey, Sledge!

Buy direct from the Ruger's online store. Australia is on the list of countries when you'll come to the checkout address forms.
Shipping charge could be a bitch thou  >:(

Thats what I did mate!
I will try finding another supplier, might send tacticool soloutions an email to see if they will send me some, theres look better any how  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk