Author Topic: Fire arms insurance  (Read 94 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Fire arms insurance
« on: May 12, 2024, 08:55:22 AM »
What do you guys have?

My rider on my home owners is going way up when it renews.   So I am shopping around.

I do have several nfa items and I know some will only cover nfa items up to a certain $ amount.

Ps the Hughes ammendment can suck it.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
Re: Fire arms insurance
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2024, 04:07:59 PM »
Good question.  I need to find something as well.  I suspect the NRA is the best source.  I've had 3 companies lately for homeowners and none of them are worth a flip for firearms....or really much else in the house when you look at the standard coverage for contents.  I had to up the contents for all of them at an extra co$t. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2024, 06:32:03 PM »
So far our homeowner covers them for the same rate as any other umbrella content. I don't insure or inventor ammunition, power or primers. But all firearms, accessories and reloading equipment is listed on the inventory. We have the standard million dollar liability, and it will cover "accidental" incidents.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2024, 08:03:01 PM »
See mine only covers 1500 worth of firearms with out a rider. 

I have more than that in stamps...

My rider lists every single firearm I own with appropriate values/replacement values.   Some are very easy to get values on, machine guns not so much.  You pretty much have to go with last auction price.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 06:05:48 AM »
NRA Armscare Plus from Lockton Affinity Outdoors. They insure more than $300,000,000 worth of firearms, and $10,000 in firearms costs $125 per year to insure. It used to be underwritten by Lloyd's of London, but someone else is the underwriter now, I can't recall who it is. You can insure any amount you want to, and IIRC only individual firearms valued at $1,000 or more have to be listed on a schedule. If you have $5,000 worth but none are very expensive, you buy $5,000 worth of insurance and increase it by $100 increments as your collection grows. If you have $20,000 worth you buy $20,000 worth of insurance. My Contender pistol with the number of spare barrels I have is over the limit, so I have T/C Contender pistol with 6 barrels valued at $XXXX listed, and the rest of my stuff adds up to 5 or 6 grand, whatever it is, but none of those other guns are listed. My PPK 75th Anniversary Model may be worth enough to warrant special mention now. But if I have a loss, I just have to report what was lost, stolen, destroyed, or whatever, when I file a claim.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:38:03 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 05:54:40 PM »
10k is not even close for me.  Machine guns are expensive.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk