Author Topic: Where is the tipping point?  (Read 793 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
Where is the tipping point?
« on: September 15, 2023, 06:45:51 PM »
States are extending more and more restrictions.

Illinois is forcing gun and accessory registration.

Gov. of New Mexico declared a health emergency to rescind carry rights.

Gov. of California is calling for a Constitutional Congress to amend the constitution, and his legislators are backing him.

How far are we from the tipping point that leads to grass roots rebellion? Was January 6, 2021 anomaly, or are we seeing the beginning of patriots standing up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNRjt4rCymM
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: Where is the tipping point?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2023, 08:48:13 AM »
As in all things, it will take a triggering event. As we learned, it best not be a set piece like Jan 6 (what with provocateurs and assholes itching for a fight), but something more organic.

Lots of lessons I doubt we've learned, so we'll make mistakes and re-learn them.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2023, 08:57:18 AM »
As I’ve said bureaucrats and politicians believe that the Constitution can be set aside in an emergency.  We the public have let them do it many times, possibly because we want a big “protector” to save us. We’re paying for this lackadaisical position and are much too deep in the whirlpool to ever pull back.

Politicians and bureaucrats felt really threatened by 1/6 more so than ever in the past. That is why the push to make the penalties so harsh, to quash any future uprisings.

In past assaults on DC the President gave everyone involved pardons, but not this time.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2023, 11:23:41 AM »
As I’ve said bureaucrats and politicians believe that the Constitution can be set aside in an emergency.  We the public have let them do it many times, possibly because we want a big “protector” to save us. We’re paying for this lackadaisical position and are much too deep in the whirlpool to ever pull back.

Politicians and bureaucrats felt really threatened by 1/6 more so than ever in the past. That is why the push to make the penalties so harsh, to quash any future uprisings.

In past assaults on DC the President gave everyone involved pardons, but not this time.

Makes me think of this:

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.-- H.L. Mencken
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2023, 11:33:04 AM »

There is a quote, which I'm not going to take the time to look up right now that paraphrasing says, If we give up freedom for safety and security we deserve neither.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:10:45 PM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2023, 02:36:55 PM »
A while after people start losing their stuff if they have the energy and means to revolt.  But it's OK when it's your neighbor's stuff....

In conquered countries Hitler took away the food and gave people 1,000-1,100 calories a day but they got to keep their stuff because it was useless to their war effort.  Oh some may have lost a car or a truck but that was the rich neighbor who also lost their jewelry or other luxuries.  Hunger didn't do it...they kept waiting for food that never came and did not have the energy or the means to revolt.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk