Poll

What do you guys now think of Liberty Safe?

I will never buy one.
7 (100%)
I don't care, it doesn't bother me.
0 (0%)
Safe, what's a safe?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: L I B E R T Y - S A F E - - - f b i  (Read 1903 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
Re: L I B E R T Y - S A F E - - - f b i
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2023, 08:06:42 PM »
While, online at least, most problems with safes have to do with electronic locks, mechanical ones have problems as well, though not very often.

S&G makes some internal wheels out of Delrin (Polyoxymethylene) which for all its qualities has been known to become brittle with age and break.  Mines 40+ yo and I’ve never taken the cover off the door to see what it’s made of.  Might be time

My Sentry has stamped steel wheels.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2023, 09:13:48 AM »
Do any of you know if there are components to swap from electronic to mechanical exist and where to look for those? At one time I thought they were offered but that has been years ago. I have 2 large Cannon safes but would love to upgrade (downgrade) to a dial lock.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2023, 10:25:41 AM »
Buy direct.  Of course you have to identify which model fits your safe.  Probably by the model of the existing lock.

https://sargentandgreenleaf.com/product/6700-series/

<edit>

Appears to take you to Amazon which says Not Available.  However, with a little searching I found other listings.   Not cheap. ~$150+/-
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2023, 11:46:36 AM »
   Not cheap. ~$150+/-

Cheaper than a new $1200.00 PLUS safe.

Thanks for the info.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2023, 05:13:32 PM »
I have two of the A series electronic locks from these guys:  https://sargentandgreenleaf.com/gun-safe-locks/

They also have mechanical locks for replacement. 

I don't know if either have a "code" embedded in it from the company that they are able to supply to "prying eyes".  I wonder about that.  The two electronic locks have both been encoded with my code....but that doesn't say that there isn't something in there from the factory that will override and open them.  Same thing with mechanical?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:30:58 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2023, 06:26:44 PM »

https://www.westernjournal.com/liberty-safe-scandal-parent-company-exposed-major-donor-gun-control-democrats-report/

From The Western Journal and edited:
1) Liberty Safe, which describes itself as “America’s #1 heavy-duty home and GUN SAFE manufacturer,” has come under fire after a report revealed that its parent company (which bought Liberty Safe in 2021) has DONATED almost half a million dollars to pro-gun control democratic officials.

2) Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk shared FEC filings that show Liberty Safe’s parent company, Monomoy Capital Partners, has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to democrats.
“I pulled the FEC reports on the company and found approximately $400,000 over the last 10 cycles of max donations to Democrats,” Kirk wrote.
“Liberty Safe’s current CEO, Justin Hillenbrand, was a founding partner of Monomoy and DONATED $4,600 to Obama for America,” Kirk added.

3) Kirk’s report comes as Liberty Safe is already facing FIERCE backlash for GIVING the FBI the passcode to a conservative customer’s safe, although there was NO legal requirement to do so.

4) Among the many donations listed, the most notable were to Democratic Sens. Raphael Warnock of Georgia, John Fetterman of Pennsylvania and Mark Kelly of Arizona, and former Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes of Wisconsin – all of whom have expressed support for gun control.

And, here's the damage control part......... ::)  ::)

Meanwhile, Liberty Safe has attempted to recover from the backlash by announcing that customers can now remove their safe’s passcodes from Liberty Safe’s database of combinations.

“Effective immediately, customers can visit www.libertysafe.com/pages/combination-removal and fill out the form to have records of their access codes expunged,” Liberty Safe said in a statement shared on X.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2023, 06:32:38 AM »
Peg that for sure ices them down....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2023, 11:23:10 AM »
Meanwhile, Liberty Safe has attempted to recover from the backlash by announcing that customers can now remove their safe’s passcodes from Liberty Safe’s database of combinations.

Too little , too late Liberty.
You stepped on your wedding tackle wearing spikes and NOW you want to make nice with gun owners. (Those campaign contributions seal the deal fully)

It was solely the safe owners choice to make the Feebs do the work, not Liberty’s, it wasn’t even *their* safe anymore! Someone else owned it.
Welcome to being the Bud Light of the safe world! Don’t forget to smile during your bankruptcy filing.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2023, 08:33:43 AM »
Just putting it our there.. I need a new safe.  If any one wants to sell their liberty cheap...

I won't buy one new, but I sure as he'll would buy it used
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2023, 08:54:08 AM »
Just putting it our there.. I need a new safe.  If any one wants to sell their liberty cheap...

I won't buy one new, but I sure as he'll would buy it used

A lot of folks are selling their liberty cheap these days.......but that's another thread.....  8)

Now, back to safes........
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk