Author Topic: The Great (cough cough) State of Illinois (cough cough cough)  (Read 975 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
The Great (cough cough) State of Illinois (cough cough cough)
« on: September 26, 2023, 08:56:11 PM »
As everyone has heard the State of Illinois has started us down the road to registration of arms. The Safer Act, not exactly correct but close enough to the name, bans the sale and transfer of certain scary items, and for those who already own them we must file a registration prior to January 1, 2024. Keep in mind this all passed a year ago. I've been questioning exactly what is required, and what I'm supposed to do, but can't find anything anywhere, even on the State Police website. Soooooo, I requested information, and here is their response:

ISP.AskFOIDandCCL
Sep 25, 2023, 10:48 AM (1 day ago)
to me

Good Morning,

Registration is not available at this time. As you are aware, Gov. Pritzker signed Public Act 102-1116 into law on January 10th, 2023. As such, 720 ILCS 5/24-1.9 (a)(8)(d), allows for possession of an assault weapon, assault weapon attachment, .50 caliber rifle or .50 caliber cartridge device if a person has provided an endorsement affidavit to the ISP prior to 1/1/2024, but no later 10/1/23. At this time, ISP does not have the ability to accept or receive such an endorsement affidavit, nor have the manner in which such an endorsement affidavit will be accepted been determined. Statute provides that it shall be available to the public no later than 10/1/23 and is currently under development. When the ISP has created the ability to accept and received such an endorsement, FOID card holders will be notified through their selected method and information will be publicly available notifying of the endorsement affidavit going live. i.e. We cannot take your registration yet but will have something available no later than October 1st. When we have something available, you will hear about it in some manner (i.e. letter, email, text, TV, radio, ad, etc.).           

Here are some FAQs regarding the Assault Weapons Ban.

If you have additional questions, please seek legal counsel, as we do not provide legal advice or interpretation.

https://isp.illinois.gov/Home/HB5471Faqs

Respectfully,

Illinois State Police

Firearms Services Bureau

801 S 7th St, Suite 400M

Springfield, IL  62703

Call Center Number (217) 782-7980

J273

It is September 26, five days from their deadline to have in place, and they have no information. I called the call center this afternoon for an estimate on when the system will be ready, and they cannot tell us anything. I asked if I would be able to access it on October one, as the law states, and she replied "No."

Typical government control program:  Pass more laws without the ability to enforce. Without the ability to meet their own requirements for institutiong.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
Re: The Great (cough cough) State of Illinois (cough cough cough)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2023, 09:50:58 PM »
They'll enforce it and blame it on owners..even though they are not responsible for the inability to administer unconstitutional and unjust laws..
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2023, 07:37:35 AM »
Looks like this should be a loophole cause for some enterprising gun rights group to file a class action against Ill-A-noise.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2023, 09:31:45 AM »
Whatever the law says is required in that "endorsement affidavit",  I'd make up my own letter with that information, send it via registered mail to arrive on 12/29/2023.  Done.

Of course you know they'll get "it" working around 12/15, then the system will crash because it is so overloaded.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2023, 10:50:48 AM »
I know this is impractical BUT if at all possible MOVE....... Run, Forest RUN!!!!

Illinois (IMHO) is like California and past the point of no return until after the shooting starts.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Sponsor

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2023, 02:57:01 PM »
Whatever the law says is required in that "endorsement affidavit",  I'd make up my own letter with that information, send it via registered mail to arrive on 12/29/2023.  Done.

Of course you know they'll get "it" working around 12/15, then the system will crash because it is so overloaded.

Almost like this type of thing has happened before, eh?
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2023, 04:40:46 PM »
I know this is impractical BUT if at all possible MOVE....... Run, Forest RUN!!!!

Illinois (IMHO) is like California and past the point of no return until after the shooting starts.

Five more years ... Can't come fast enough  :(
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2023, 06:55:37 PM »

Come on down to south GA....thanks to greasy joe prices are above what they were, but land is still cheaper in the region than many other areas.....hunting and fishing is good too.  8)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2023, 07:25:19 PM »

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2023, 12:18:03 PM »
Move them to Wisconsin, GET THEM OUT OF ILLINOIS!!!

When Blagoyavich and his ilk were swept into office (including an AG who had never been in any part of a criminal case, but hey, she was the Speaker's daughter so it's fine!), I actually moved them out to Wyoming to a friend's house out there. I didn't have any Class III, so who knew, right? Then 9/11 hit and I had nothing but a pump shotgun and a Springfield M1A on order. But that's another story.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk