0 (0%)
A&W
0 (0%)
Five Guys
0 (0%)
Shake Shack
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Can You Find The Beef - - - Hamburger Chains You Like/Don't Like  (Read 1995 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: Can You Find The Beef - - - Hamburger Chains You Like/Don't Like
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2023, 12:48:13 PM »
Our local Sonic sucks (along with most other places)....due to poor work ethic amongst management and crew, but even the food quality itself is way below what it was several years ago.

I think most chain food joints are hamstrung by corporate suck....
Thankfully we have several locally-owned joints that equal (in some cases beat) the chains on price and far outdo them on quality and quantity for the price.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2023, 02:07:31 PM »
I hate these fast food places, but find myself grabbing them on the go when needed. I don't know if it is national, regional or just this ugly locale, but I find that Burger King is trying to save money on the toppings: skimpy lettuce, one small thin slice of tomato and barely any onions. Both BK and McD are hardly putting anything on their burgers. To top it off, these workers, who are demanding over $15/hr (our area they are starting over $16 and climbing), never played with building blocks as children. They can't put a simple stack of ingredients one on top of the other.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2023, 11:27:13 AM »
I hate these fast food places, but find myself grabbing them on the go when needed. I don't know if it is national, regional or just this ugly locale, but I find that Burger King is trying to save money on the toppings: skimpy lettuce, one small thin slice of tomato and barely any onions. Both BK and McD are hardly putting anything on their burgers. To top it off, these workers, who are demanding over $15/hr (our area they are starting over $16 and climbing), never played with building blocks as children. They can't put a simple stack of ingredients one on top of the other.

Not just your area....it's everywhere that I've been in the GA/FL/AL region at least.

As a side note, (it's not 'fast food' but it is hot and ready) if you're traveling and have access to a Buc-ee's, stop there. Good pork and brisket sandwiches along with other types of food. Good coffee too.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2023, 01:28:39 PM »
Not just your area....it's everywhere that I've been in the GA/FL/AL region at least.

Shrinkflation!
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2023, 06:14:12 PM »
Shrinkflation!
The stupidity of this is that in our area a Whopper meal costs $12. I can go to the local sports bar type setting and get a larger burger, more quality toppings, on a good roll, with a salad and seasoned fries for about $3 or $4 more. Oh, I'm getting ripped off, because I still need to buy my beverage of choice. The fast food industry only caters to the busy in an unexpected rush, and the ignorant.  I apologize for my rudeness if this is the food of choice for you, but it is the way I see it.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2023, 07:19:25 PM »
I stopped at Hardee's today and got a Frisco burger.  Not bad.  Waayyy better than anything from Burger King, McDonalds or Wendy's.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2023, 07:22:12 PM »
The stupidity of this is that in our area a Whopper meal costs $12. I can go to the local sports bar type setting and get a larger burger, more quality toppings, on a good roll, with a salad and seasoned fries for about $3 or $4 more. Oh, I'm getting ripped off, because I still need to buy my beverage of choice. The fast food industry only caters to the busy in an unexpected rush, and the ignorant.  I apologize for my rudeness if this is the food of choice for you, but it is the way I see it.

You ain't wrong at all.

Perfect example was our lunch today. We went by a locally-owned favorite joint today and grabbed a couple of chicken plates. Each one was a 'lunch special' consisting of four chicken strip which were large enough to make the equivalent of two whole breast pieces. Also came with coleslaw, heaping serving of fries and two pieces of bread and a drink. The cost with tax was $8.64 per plate. Now a place we used to go before the quality dropped is a regional chain called Zaxby's (I know I've mentioned this on another thread, heck, maybe this one....I'm getting old) has a chicken plate with three strips, fries and small drink with one bread that is $8.50 before tax. It would take all three strips on the Zaxby's plate to make one piece on the local plate.

I ate two pieces and some fries at lunch, and as I type this am having the balance for supper. Two meals for the price of one.....and it was hot....and the servers were polite.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2023, 09:41:40 PM »
Peg, you're sounding old! Go out for lunch, bring home leftovers for dinner, watch Wheel, and go to bed. Speculating on the ending, but probably not far off.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2023, 10:54:29 AM »
Peg, you're sounding old! Go out for lunch, bring home leftovers for dinner, watch Wheel, and go to bed. Speculating on the ending, but probably not far off.

I hate Wheel of Fortune......  8)

Westerns playing in the background on the TV pretty much all the time. Once I hit the hay I usually peruse my subscribed youtube channels on my tablet (such as Wilson Combat, Warrior Poet Society, Vicegrip Garage, Corey Wheat Customs, Tom Bailey Racing etc, etc.) until I get sleepy (usually closer to 2 AM)....  ;D  8)

I've always been a late-nighter.... which is why I worked graveyard so many years as a preference. If I can get four hours of straight sleep, I'm good for the day. Old habits die hard.

Diamondback

• NRA/SAF Life Member, FPC Member, SMF Lawfare Donor
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2024, 04:47:25 PM »
Burgers: I actually like Five Guys. urgers aren't the best, but if you get their fries extra crisoy and unsalted they're actually pretty good - and I'm usually "Mr. Extra Meat No Potatoes." Bonus, when I swing by on my way to a bus they also let me get lunch for our squirrel houseguests/tenants/whatever-you-wanna-call-our-little-buddies from the peanut box.

Wendy's - OK not great, as LONG as it's fresh and hot.

The Habit - Ditto Wendy's, main beef is the one closest to us is an hour away by delivery driver and the one in the old neighborhood I have to be halfway back home before they even open. One of the few places I can get a teriyaki burger.

Red Robin - our usual go-to.

Booger King is not helped by the gas in the flame broilers, nor the fact that Whopper patties have shrunk from 1/3lb to 1/4lb. I remember when being able to unhinge your jaw enough to get a Triple or Quad Whopper down was an ACCOMPLISHMENT like 20-30 years ago...

Fuddruckers last time I had one, a decade ago, was pretty good, except they're on the Blacklist for their aggressive Anti-Second Amendment (read, "Victim Disarmament Zone/Criminal Open Season") Bigotry. Whataburger last I knew same, and neither has operations anywhere near me.

Guess if I want something done right I gotta fire up the old school charcoal-fired Weber and do it myself... maybe marinate the burger patty in Olive Garden Italian dressing, top with pizza sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella and provolone. Or get a pretzel roll, use a rouladen recipe for the flavoring, and add Black Forest ham, Bavarian spicy mustard and Gouda.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"YOU IDIOTS! I WROTE 1984 AS A WARNING, NOT A HOW-TO MANUAL!"
--the ghost of George Orwell

Life Member NRA/SAF - FPC Member - WA CPL holder

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk