Author Topic: Star Trek - Discovery  (Read 1232 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
Star Trek - Discovery
« on: November 13, 2023, 09:23:04 PM »
All I can say, if you make it to the last episode, stop before the last scene.  Actually, once the Universe is saved, don’t go any further.

SPOILER ALERT

Part of the premise of the last two seasons is that catestropic event has fractured The Federation.  Even Earth isn’t a member anymore.  Of course the USS Discovery saves the universe and all the planets rejoin the Federation. 

SPOILER ALERT

In the last scene the President of UNITED EARTH, read that as a one world government, The President, Stacy Abrams, comes aboard Discovery to thank everyone.   Stacy Abrams?  Really?
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
Re: Star Trek - Discovery
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 08:54:04 AM »
While I have been a Star Trek fan since the start I have STOPPED watching Discovery. That show has simply become TOO LIBERAL for me to watch. The first seasons were good but this last season "SUCKED".

Strange new worlds is starting to do the same thing. What a shame.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 09:29:20 AM »
I watched it for the sci-fi aspect.  The plots & sub-plots were....uh......woke at best.  Dialog?  Poor.  Though pretty well delivered.  The actors played out their roles fairly well.  Too bad it was so political/woke/liberal.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 10:14:20 AM »
100%
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 01:12:45 PM »
I stopped watching any of the Trek TV series after Deep Space Nine.......  :-\
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:08:20 PM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2023, 07:27:34 AM »
Discovery is coined a liberal POS. 

I cannot watch it...it's disgusting.  Besides you guys, several other Trekkies I know share the same opinion.  I will not be watching it unless Trump comes on as President and can speak as he pleases.

There.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2023, 09:46:12 AM »
Discovery is coined a liberal POS. 

I cannot watch it...it's disgusting.  Besides you guys, several other Trekkies I know share the same opinion.  I will not be watching it unless Trump comes on as President and can speak as he pleases.

There.

If Trump were to appear on Discovery I might watch it.  ;D ;D :o

Of course, for that to happen we would ALL have to be transferred to another dimension.

::) ::) ::)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2023, 02:11:07 PM »
Another dimension...another time too? 
 ;D
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2023, 03:33:37 PM »
Another dimension...another time too? 
 ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk