Author Topic: New gun law sets stage for airport showdown  (Read 18918 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New gun law sets stage for airport showdown
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2008, 06:58:20 AM »
Path,

Come on down to FL.  Our law states we will recognize any state that will recognize ours!  ND is on the list.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2008, 07:05:49 AM »
Haz the no smoking signs near flamables is the law. 

I'm sure your also awear that a good number of people in the US don't see sigins or flat out ignore them.

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2008, 07:11:13 AM »
Haz the no smoking signs near flamables is the law.  

I'm sure your also awear that a good number of people in the US don't see sigins or flat out ignore them.

Yes, I know that and attempted to imply that in my statement.  That is also why I pointed out that the sign does not list every possible dangerous act, just smoking.  We, as reasoning people should be able and are expected to extrapolate from the 'no smoking' sign/law.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2008, 07:41:18 AM »
I've seen people sit ontop of thinner cans and smoke while washing out brushes.    Signs do not work and people that should know better often don't.  So why not give the employer means to prevent as many "head aches" as they can.  If your an employer and you currently don't have a head ache, wait five mins...  One will start.

Middle Man

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2008, 08:27:16 AM »
TAB,
There's not a law that can be created that will protect you or your business from stupid, irresponsible people.  Neither employer's policies nor legislative fiats make people act intelligently.

It would appear that all your ranting about rights, privileges, et al is nothing more than your desire for your rights to supersede ours.  Is all your ranting about your desire to CYA?
I don't want any part of your change.

McCarthy was right...

Sponsor

« Reply #65 on: Today at 12:14:29 PM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2008, 08:50:40 AM »
TAB,
There's not a law that can be created that will protect you or your business from stupid, irresponsible people.  Neither employer's policies nor legislative fiats make people act intelligently.

It would appear that all your ranting about rights, privileges, et al is nothing more than your desire for your rights to supersede ours.  Is all your ranting about your desire to CYA?

Thats not what its about at all, but lets just say for the sake of argument that is what I am about.   Isn't that the same as the people that want to carry?   after all we are both trying to protect ourselfs from a life altering event.

In reality what I am about is rights, every ones rights.  If you notice I've never said anything about restricting carry in place you have to go,   only in the place where you have a choice. 
Let the market place make that choice, not the goverment.

Middle Man

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2008, 09:24:51 AM »
Much the same as policies or laws, the existence of a right will not make people act intelligently or responsibility either.

Your arguments appear to be generally fallacious cherry picking.  More specifically you have fallen victim to the Nirvana fallacy.  There is no perfect solution to your concerns regarding CCW.  Any solution to the problems you point out are necessarily dependent on an individual level personal responsibility. 

I don't want any part of your change.

McCarthy was right...

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 582
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2008, 11:26:19 AM »
Much the same as policies or laws, the existence of a right will not make people act intelligently or responsibility either.

Your arguments appear to be generally fallacious cherry picking.  More specifically you have fallen victim to the Nirvana fallacy.  There is no perfect solution to your concerns regarding CCW.  Any solution to the problems you point out are necessarily dependent on an individual level personal responsibility. 

Can't argue this. 

Personal responsibility is just that...being responsible for your actions.  If you are uncomfortable with your own responsbility please don't attempt to push your own personal fears on others.  So what about increased insurance costs....charge more and get over it.  Can't compete because someone else won't play by the rules and buy insurance or conform to "whatever" because laws are not enforced...wake up and welcome to the nanny state where it's all about making you feel safe amid the gaping holes of hallowed liberalism.  Still want to play "their" game and play by selectively enforced rules and laws that enslave you and empower "them"....then reread Tom's avatar statement.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk