Author Topic: I have never seen anything as dangerous as USPSA, IPSC, etc.  (Read 103290 times)

Steven Cline

• Active Forum Member
  • What are you tollin' for here?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I have never seen anything as dangerous as USPSA, IPSC, etc.
« Reply #150 on: July 09, 2012, 05:47:55 PM »
I'm sorry Mr. Cline as your flagrant arrogance has been found on many forums, guess what? It's not this one.

Differences of tactics, methodology, 9mm vs, 40 debates have been long withered out before your time her to e. Mind your arrogance, and try not to bully a forum long established with many who have disregarded your kind better suited for the Glock forum....

DRTV is not that type of adolescent "my Schwartz is bigger than yours" forum....Post a reasonable position, without a personal affront and make your point.

We are never shy of a good debate, or even argument. But your "opinion" is yours alone and don't expect arrogance and ego to make your argument more convincing.

Fine and dandy.  I'm not an ass-kisser.

How about addressing some of that logic and sound reasoning?
"OK. You've convinced me. Competitive shooting only improves trigger control, indexing, accuracy, safe weapon handling, target acquisition, transitions, recoil control, shooting on the move, shooting moving targets, shooting in different positions, drawing from a holster, shooting one handed, shooting targets of varying size, difficulty, and distance, and doing those things under the pressure of the clock. Clearly those are skills that are of little importance in self defense or tactical shooting. "  -The post which went ignored and unaddressed.

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2012, 03:19:00 AM »
Michael Bane wrote:

...And Tyler D., I've been to most of those high-speed low-drag shooting academies you mentioned in your EXCELLENT post! ....

Thank you!  I am flattered!

GeorgeCook

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2012, 11:49:36 PM »

Here's an anecdotal piece of evidence giving some support for competition shooting from my local paper on a CCW holder killing an armed robber:

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2012-08-28/story/customer-kills-gunman-during-jacksonville-robbery-attempt

Customer kills gunman during Jacksonville robbery attempt
Customer's wife: 'I left him a little grocery list this morning.'
Posted: August 28, 2012 - 12:39am  |  Updated: August 28, 2012 - 5:00pm

By Clifford Davis

"A 57-year-old Jacksonville grandfather stopped off on his way home from work Monday night to fill a grocery list his wife left for him that morning.

But after entering the Dollar General at 1921 Dunn Ave., he was thrust into an armed robbery that ended with him firing his weapon and one of the two robbers lying dead on the floor.

Two unidentified men entered the store about 9:20 p.m., both with handguns, said Lt. Rob Schoonover of the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office.

“One of them had the clerk and one of them was at the front cash register,” Schoonover said.

The manager then alerted the customer to the situation.

“The customer, who had a concealed firearms permit and a firearm, fired at the suspect, striking him apparently two times, killing him,” Schoonover said.

The other robber, wearing a blue bandana and gloves, ran out the front and fled eastbound on Dunn Avenue in a small sport-utility vehicle.

Soon after the incident, police allowed the customer to call and reassure his family.

“We just get a phone call saying, ‘I’m OK, but something happened,’” said the man’s son. “It just sucks that we have to work late and have to carry a gun.”

The man, who the Times-Union is not identifying because the other robber has not been caught, knew well how to use his gun, according to his family.

“He’s always been a marksman,” his wife said. “He shoots in competitions, but this is the first time he’s ever killed anyone and I don’t know how he’ll handle that.”

The store was equipped with video surveillance and the man was being taken in for questioning, but he’s not being charged, Schoonover said.

“The citizen did not get shot, none of the employees were hurt, this worked out good tonight,” Schoonover said.

Times-Union writer Dana Treen contributed to this report.

clifford.davis@jacksonville.com, (904) 359-4207"

Who knows what the competition was - perhaps it was USPSA, IDPA, Bullseye, or even Paintball. I know this alone doesn't change anyone's opinion either way, but at least we have one documented piece of evidence of a competitor who used his firearm in self defense, and the defense of others, and did not follow the predicted patterns critics of competition shooting postulate he would do.

Just something to mull over....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk