Author Topic: Are you buying into this Socialized Medicine Crap  (Read 5697 times)

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Are you buying into this Socialized Medicine Crap
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 06:00:06 PM »
Italy had socialized medical care. They also used power tools on patients and aspirin was your main pain reliever. God forbid if you had something serious happen to you over there.

tombogan03884

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 06:02:35 PM »
 GE had a Meter plant in Somersworth NH (that one may still be in business) and one in Dover that made castings for them, (I KNOW that one closed years ago, They are another one of those Unionized Companies where GOOD workers need not apply. No one I knew who worked there went to "EARN" a paycheck, they all went to get their hours. If I were hiring for a company and saw GE, or Portsmouth Naval Shipyard on the resume I probably would NOT hire that person, and I damn sure don't like working with them.

lettyinreno

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 01:13:25 AM »
BIG HELL NO FROM ME :-X

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 06:50:39 AM »
they lose paper records all the time... no real diffrence.  Mine were sent out as a child by mistake. 

Huge difference between losing one case file and a laptop containing potentially thousands of people's records containing all manner of information. Besides, records aren't supposed to leave the hosp[ital - laptops do all of the time. Plus, electronic records can be much more easily hacked, sometimes without the organization even knowing they've been hacked. Sorry, my industry, something I do know a little about. And it happens all of the time.

Fortunately many hospitals already have Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) and they have CT, MRI, X-Ray images and other medical imaging on PACS (Picture Archive and Communications Systems). So far GE has not been a major player. Their PACS is not very good and their information systems, that have to be integrated for EMR are pretty weak as well. That has left them with a modest market share. Thus far none of BHOs proposals include actually taking over hospitals. He would have to do that to change all EMRs and PACS to GE. GE does provide the lion's share of PACS to the military.  They purchased Loral under Jack Welch and Loral had the PACS contract with the military at that time. The Loral system was pretty good before GE loused it up,

IT in the company I used to work for was very poorly run, archaic, manual processes even though they had $70 billion in holdings, mostly built through M&A. Every time they acquired a new bank, they forced the new bank to revamp its IT processes to follow the old, archaic processes instead of the more streamlined processes the new bank already had implemented. So don't put much faith in GE staying with a relatively small market share - their way of life can be imposed on hospitals, and quality, security, efficiency and other related formerly "good" things will go by the boards as long as there is a crisis to be exploited. Speaking of which . . .

Thus far none of BHOs proposals include actually taking over hospitals. - that is coming in Round X of the socialization bailout process. Don't be so impatient!  ;D

This is all just one more step in the Fed gummint taking complete control over every significant aspect of our lives.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 12:14:44 PM »
In answer to the question posed by the thread's title, I'd like to quote an old DI I fondly(?) remember:

WHAT?!?  NO!!  HELL NO!!!  WHAT THE F***'S WRONG WITH YOU?!?    ;D
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 09:05:48 PM »

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 12:51:46 PM »
There are two things that aggravate me the most about this whole thing:

1. The debate over this has been framed in such a way that the question of if we should even be doing this is not even open for discussion anymore. It has become inevitable that we are going to socialize our heath care system, and the only question being explored now is how exactly we are going to pay for it -- That is a travesty. 

2. This is NOT about health care. This is 100% an insurance issue. The Dems have emotionalized this and labeled it as "health care reform", but it will do NOTHING to make health care in this country better. It will do NOTHING to make Americans healthier, or help us live longer lives. The only purpose this serves is to shift more power to the federal government..... Dont be fooled.... The purpose here is the same as for anything else they ever do in Washington...... Its all about control and dependency. They are playing the same game they always play.... hand out entitlements to secure votes and justify raising taxes.

We are truly living in times that we all thought we would never see.

Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

tombogan03884

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 02:00:43 PM »
Path posted "Thus far none of BHOs proposals include actually taking over hospitals. - that is coming in Round X of the socialization bailout process."

The failure of THIS reform will be the excuse used for nationalization of hospitals.

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 02:10:58 PM »
Path posted "Thus far none of BHOs proposals include actually taking over hospitals. - that is coming in Round X of the socialization bailout process."

The failure of THIS reform will be the excuse used for nationalization of hospitals.
Sure makes me happy that I retired and got out of healthcare while the getting was good. I could never work for BHO. No way, no how!!!
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2009, 02:20:17 PM »
This is NOT about health care. This is 100% an insurance issue. The Dems have emotionalized this and labeled it as "health care reform", but it will do NOTHING to make health care in this country better. It will do NOTHING to make Americans healthier, or help us live longer lives. The only purpose this serves is to shift more power to the federal government..... Dont be fooled.... The purpose here is the same as for anything else they ever do in Washington...... Its all about control and dependency. They are playing the same game they always play.... hand out entitlements to secure votes and justify raising taxes.

Exactly right.

they lose paper records all the time... no real diffrence.  Mine were sent out as a child by mistake. 

Medical records can be life or death.  take my niece for example, she is deathly algeric to opiates.  if she is in a car wreck and they give her one, they would litterly only have about 30 seconds before she dead, there is nothing they could do to save her.

I'm sure you will be much safer, if you'll just give some more power to the; (pick an organization)
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk